Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Air Conditioning

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Currently going through Next Gen Sourcing wave 2 for packaging....nothing about corrugated, fiber, chipboard, etc., is fun right now.

At what point should we all start learning cantonese or Mandarin. 🤣

A little research on coordinated packaging.

Asia leads the world in total corrugated production and shipments, with more than 120 billion square meters produced in 2017, or 52.8% of the market. Europe is the second-leading producer, with nearly 6 billion square meters (22.2% of the market) produced and shipped. (International Corrugated Case Association)

Buckmaster

Portage
I have a commercial account at Sherwin Williams for just because...received a letter yesterday announcing their price increases on paints, stains, and coatings effective August 1st.@Jamie

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
At what point should we all start learning cantonese or Mandarin. 🤣

A little research on coordinated packaging.

Asia leads the world in total corrugated production and shipments, with more than 120 billion square meters produced in 2017, or 52.8% of the market. Europe is the second-leading producer, with nearly 6 billion square meters (22.2% of the market) produced and shipped. (International Corrugated Case Association)

Packaging materials was another mention that I failed to share that came up from a fairly new American manufacturer of a high quality, 100% USA made product. I sought out one of their specific products months ago with purpose and recently corresponded with them via email just a few days ago. I shared that experience in the

Guns & Ammo Sales.

thread, and I quote a small portion from one of their email responses to me for you all;

"At times our material is delayed, packaging, staff, and so on.... which affects our output."

I'll tell you what, after working with them directly and how they treated me as a proud American wanting to acquire an American made product even though they have a ton of international customers, they made me a priority. I am now a life long loyal supporter of them and I hope they work through these difficult times with utter success completely!

Good information you shared with us Joe, and I totally appreciate it! Hopefully this national problem will wake up the sleeping giant once again and at least consider producing all of our own shit as soon as possible. This problem I would think, should be the 'wake up call' for every US company/organization that generates/makes products by Americans in the homeland, at least, I surely hope so. Time will tell though.

Packaging materials was another mention that I failed to share that came up from a fairly new American manufacturer of a high quality, 100% USA made product. I sought out one of their specific products months ago with purpose and recently corresponded with them via email just a few days ago. I shared that experience in the

Guns & Ammo Sales.

thread, and I quote a small portion from one of their email responses to me for you all;

"At times our material is delayed, packaging, staff, and so on.... which affects our output."

I'll tell you what, after working with them directly and how they treated me as a proud American wanting to acquire an American made product even though they have a ton of international customers, they made me a priority. I am now a life long loyal supporter of them and I hope they work through these difficult times with utter success completely!

Good information you shared with us Joe, and I totally appreciate it! Hopefully this national problem will wake up the sleeping giant once again and at least consider producing all of our own shit as soon as possible. This problem I would think, should be the 'wake up call' for every US company/organization that generates/makes products by Americans in the homeland, at least, I surely hope so. Time will tell though.
Unfortunately the skilled labor is rapidly entering nursing homes and the future generation can't make change at the register...

Does this seam like normal to you?
...or this?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Does this seam like normal to you?

D R Horton is building a couple hundred unit singe family house neighborhood just north of me. Cookie cutter houses with about 3 different floor plans on 1/8 acre lots. They are all rentals and start at $1,800 per month on 1,700 SQFT houses. It's crazy that someone would actually pay that for a rental when they could buy a house and have a lower payment. I mean I guess not everyone can finance a house, but still, if someone can afford an $1,800 per month rent payment one would think their income could justify a home purchase.

The house I bought here was built as a wedding present for one of the daughters of the founder of D R Horton homes. She lost it 5 years later in a divorce. She works for ole dads company as their top interior design person and still lives right around the corner from me. They use their dual income to build a house, move in, start building another one on the other income, and then sell it and move to the new one. They've been doing that for year's.

D R Horton is building a couple hundred unit singe family house neighborhood just north of me. Cookie cutter houses with about 3 different floor plans on 1/8 acre lots. They are all rentals and start at $1,800 per month on 1,700 SQFT houses. It's crazy that someone would actually pay that for a rental when they could buy a house and have a lower payment. I mean I guess not everyone can finance a house, but still, if someone can afford an $1,800 per month rent payment one would think their income could justify a home purchase.

The house I bought here was built as a wedding present for one of the daughters of the founder of D R Horton homes. She lost it 5 years later in a divorce. She works for ole dads company as their top interior design person and still lives right around the corner from me. They use their dual income to build a house, move in, start building another one on the other income, and then sell it and move to the new one. They've been doing that for years.

See, you can sell a house after 2 years owning it and pocket the gain tax free!

Jamie

Ohio
I have a commercial account at Sherwin Williams for just because...received a letter yesterday announcing their price increases on paints, stains, and coatings effective August 1st.@Jamie
I ran into my sales rep on Tuesday this week at a new Sherwin Williams store in Sunbury. first time I've stopped in there for paint. never met the guy before and he's been my sales rep for two years, he calls me about every two weeks, and I never call him back unless I need something, lol. Anyway, I got a form letter, probably the same one you got, and I wanted to know what was going to happen as this has an effect on my bidding immediately as I'm almost booked out to end of season. He told me there will be a 7% price increase across the board for paint products. sundry items and other things not necessarily, but some other stuff was going up, too.