Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alpha-gal

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I have 2 personal friends that have this, one is my age, the other is 11 years old. The young one is so sensitive that he can’t eat Cheerios because one of the vitamins they put in it comes from a mammal.

there are talks of a treatment for it that I just read about. I will see if I can find a link.

NoDakRat

I’d get tested before the reaction turns anaphylactic. You really want to get ahead of this if you want a chance of it going away.

NoDakRat

She's a bitch, no doubt. If the reaction gets bad enough and works it's way into your airways, it could be the wrong kind of lights out..

If this were an STD, 75% of your 'potential date' pool would be out of the question (more for some of you degenerates). I'd almost welcome an STD over this shit.. At least those have some kind of treatment for the most part. And if they don't, you just wear a raincoat and keep on fuckin'.. Or so I've heard.

Reactions: giles

NoDakRat

Until you get tested, I'd stay away from any mammalian meat (beef/pork/mutton/venison/etc). Stick to fins/feathers/reptiles. If the reactions go away, it's probably a fairly safe bet you have the allergy. For your sake, I hope it's something different and the reactions are just coincidental.

Reactions: giles and "J"