Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Altered Behaviors - Life after COVID-19

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No more truck stop hookers for me.

I should work on being more self sufficient. But I probably won’t, honestly. This thing has solidified my belief that I could never survive in an urban environment. I can’t tell you how thankful I am for the circle of friends and neighbors I have gained in the 25 years I’ve lived where I do. When the panic started and there was little meat left on store shelves, my wife was concerned. I calmed her quickly. We have plenty of meat in the freezer and I have a close friend that keeps 1200-1500 cattle on hand. We are in no danger of running out of beef. We have plenty of places to fish, Mennonite neighbors that grow and sell fantastic produce, lots of places to hunt... it’s just a great place for a redneck that hates to garden to live. My only concern, and at this point it isn’t even a real one, would be urban folks straying out here I think there is enough guns and rednecks to put a stop to that... I feel fortunate to be where we are.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I think I'm gonna have to stop having my boys get me beers. I realized this as I was wiping down the 2 new shiny cases about to hit the fridge. Reduces their risk of picking something up from foreign objects not from home.

Honestly, we are good to go. This still falls under the not much I can do to change the outcome umbrella. Supplies are on point, just missing a camper in case we needed to load the family up and go somewhere. Anyone in this house has only been around other humans 3x since Friday 3/13. Even then it was only a few ppl at a time.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Is anyone aware of any good books on the subject of being prepared for a collapse of society...or survival books? I think it would be a great read and probably cover things that most people never thought of...until they needed it.
This is a tough read to swallow and will open your eyes wide like saucers. Highly recommend for those who think they're prepared.
Screenshot_20200328-045251.png

Fletch

Supporting Member
Bacon grease... Got several containers in the freezer being saved for the bears in the fall... Just hope I'm still around to use them....

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Mike

Fletch

Supporting Member
Back to the original topic at hand.... What will I do different pertaining to this virus at hand... Probably nothing... I'm a clean freak always washing my hands and surfaces...But one thing I have learned over the last 6 months is: APPRECIATE THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE... I'm going back 6 months to Oct. when life threw me a curve ball... Who on here ever has had to piss and can't... Such a simple thing that you do every day, you just take it for granted, TILL IT STOPS... From Oct. thru Dec. I caterized myself roughly 500 times... My son asked me what I wanted for X-Mas, my response was: I just wanna write my initials in the snow when I piss... Simple thing right??? I got it fixed on Jan. 10th so I now piss like a race horse.... So gentlemen: APPRECIATE THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE YOUR HEALTH IS WORTH MORE THAN ANY $$$$$ FIGURE... MONEY CANT BUY YOUR HEALTH OR HAPPINESS...AND IF THIS VIRUS ISNT CONTAINED SOON SOME IF NOT ALL WILL SUFFER NO MATTER WHAT YOUR BANK ACCT. READS...