Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alternate Heating Options - Pot Belly Stoves

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Not trying to through a wrench into anything...... but. What would it take to have a plug installed to your electric panel, so that you can back feed a generator into your panel. Enough to run the necessities. Fridge, freezer, furnace, and couple lights through the house?

As far as the furnace going out being a problem. Pellet stove, you could cut your gas bill substantially with that running regularly anyways. Just some food for thought.

Buckmaster

Portage
I’m all electric with a Geo heat pump. When the power goes out I have 2 kero heaters. Put one in the basement and second on the main floor, then get out the flashlight, extra blanket, and go to bed early.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not trying to through a wrench into anything...... but. What would it take to have a plug installed to your electric panel, so that you can back feed a generator into your panel. Enough to run the necessities. Fridge, freezer, furnace, and couple lights through the house?

As far as the furnace going out being a problem. Pellet stove, you could cut your gas bill substantially with that running regularly anyways. Just some food for thought.

Not much, and that will likely happen long before I get a natural gas backup. When we refinance and go from the land contract to a mortgage, we will "make" a little extra on the turn so we can invest that in the house. I have a list of larger capital projects that I'd like to tackle and so if we get a good deal on the mortgage, we will likely wrap a few of those projects into the loan. Having some kind of backup electric/heat will be a part of that.