Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another day at work.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Commentator is terrible. "At this site, you can see 55miles to the horizon." dang. Impressive line to read. Sounded like he was reading it to a 2 year old.

I am not "afraid" of heights. I do however give them the respect they deserve. As always, it is not the fall, it is the sudden stop at the bottom. 1700+' ??? Try going 105' on the aerial truck at the fire department on a windy day. Even on a "nice" day with a breeze it can get chilly at these such heights. Aerial truck extended all the way can be a bit nerve racking when it stops moving, yet keeps swaying 4-6' back and forth for awhile. I cannot imagine what it must feel like on top of this antenna. I will just sit back with TF eating Cheetos and applaud when he comes down!

Last edited:

"J"

Bass fishing aficionado....
Supporting Member
Davie County, NC
No quick way down?? I beg to differ..... I'd have to have a parachute strapped to my ass to get me up there... Not afraid of hieghts but I do have limitations lol :smiley_adfundum:

I couldn't stop watching, that was cool!
Bet they retire from that kind of work early.

When they got to the top the first man put on a piton to hook his safety hook into the second guy stuck the hook thru the hole, that is a safety violation......

Last edited:

rrr

My gut reaction is "oh crap"

However, it's not really any more dangerous than a lot of the stuff I've done at work - falling from 40 feet is no different than 1700 (just how many hail mary's you can say on your way down). And no, sometimes I wasn't tied off.

The thing that cracks me up is that OSHA says that ladders have to have cages. Why? So I can get my arms torn off before I splat?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Woa.

I'm just fine in any tree stand but thats to much for me.

Guess I have to take up Base Jumping. Then I'd feel like I had a choice...

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
The helmets. Why in the hell would you need a helmet at that height? If you fall from there, even the new NFL concussion helmets aren't gonna help much. I would think a rocket pack would be more appropriate. I barely made it to the end of this video. I almost threw up on my living room rug.:smiley_cleaning::smiley_cleaning:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Boy you could really HOCK A MAJOR LOOGY on someone from up there!!! :banana::smiley_banana::pickle::smiley_carnaval:

Just sayin

And besides that I..... I wonder what kind of insurance premiums those guys pay? DANG!!!!

Last edited: