Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another day at work.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My gut reaction is "oh crap"

However, it's not really any more dangerous than a lot of the stuff I've done at work - falling from 40 feet is no different than 1700 (just how many hail mary's you can say on your way down). And no, sometimes I wasn't tied off.

The thing that cracks me up is that OSHA says that ladders have to have cages. Why? So I can get my arms torn off before I splat?

Come on dude... really??? LOL. It takes a truck load of pucker power to handle 1700 feet in the air, swaying like a tree branch in the breeze, not tied off to anything... 40 feet, not so much. I am deathly, I repeat DEATHLY afraid of heights. In fact, I didn't make it all the way through this vid because I thought I was going to puke. BUT, I can handle 40 feet up in a treestand no problem. Anything higher than that, like balconies and roller coasters, and I freak the fugg out. Not sure why, but when I'm up high like that I get the urge to jump... is that weird? I guess maybe for some guys, psychologically 40 ft is no different than 1700 ft, but I know I'd have a frickin heart attack at that kind of height!

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I have a feeling I would climb it if I was getting paid what those guys are getting paid! I'm not a huge fan of heights, but they don't stop me from doing stuff. I'm more scared to be on my roof 12' off the ground than I am to hang and hunt a 30' treestand. Climbing doesn't make me nervous and once I'm tied off I am good. I actually think I could climb that tower if I could convince myself I had the strength to get up there!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Dang!

According to this they only make about $60,000 a year and that's at a 60 hour work week with a lot of traveling to boot! Screw that!!!!

http://www.jobshadow.com/interview-with-a-tower-climber-2/