Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone ride motorcycles?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ya got kelly mcgillis on the brain hicks
?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Absolutely not Milo. As a married man that would be the "highway to the danger zone". Oh forgive me my friends. That was TOO corny.

Ironically though, I was thinking of the pathetic Tom Cruise version of "Loving feeling" while riding the other day. It used to be full speed ahead, wheelies, and stupid stuff. I was driving along 55-60mph thinking how I had lost that desire to do stupid stuff anymore. I think the old Honda motorcycle bumper sticker sums it up well: "Stupid Hurts". They gave out bumper stickers with these two words and the Honda logo maybe 15-20yrs ago. My buddy used to have one on the number plate of his Honda dirt bike. lmao

Big Weff

Athens
I ride a 1985 honda nighthawk 450, i bought it when i was about 17 and then sold it about 2 months later, i then bought it back and its all history from there, i dont know what i was thinking selling a bike with a bad ass name like night hawk in the first place haha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I ride a 1985 honda nighthawk 450, i bought it when i was about 17 and then sold it about 2 months later, i then bought it back and its all history from there, i dont know what i was thinking selling a bike with a bad ass name like night hawk in the first place haha

Nice Big Weff! I put a lot of miles on a 1983 Honda Nighthawk 550. My Dad still owns that bike and has since 1984. Classic Hondas. Had an 83 Honda CB1100F for awhile as well. Man did I do stupid things on that bike. When it comes to road bikes though I started on a 73 Honda CB350F. Smallest 4 cylinder they made. Bought when I was 15 and got it running. Had my MC license before my car license. Might need to scan some of my old HS senior pictures of me on the bikes. I know there was one with the CB350 and Nighthawk 550 in there. It would also be appropriate for the "Mullet thread" as well. lmao

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
My switch has not flipped back to killing things yet! Slowly getting there but still deep into my motorcycle passion right now. My summer project was an old evo sporty that I flipped for last year.

Just got most of the fab and paint done a week ago. Still have some odds to finish yet. Have a Honda shadow always in the garage for back up, but the rest always come and go. I like to cut and grind on them a little then someone always wants it more than me eventually.
This was the first one I kept a swingarm bike. I like to hardtail them most of the time. Not a fan of the orange frame but that's how it was when I got it, and did not have the time or money to re powder coat this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375842170.449330.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375842198.589227.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like it JohnROhio! Good looking bike and I am not really a Harley guy. Seems like most of the ones I see all look the same. Some just have more chrome than others. Making a bike custom to me isn't about who has the most money to spend at the dealer on bolt on parts. Seems like most of the ones I see are just that. I think xbowguy has done several and the last picture of his Harley I saw was wicked mean. Not your typical bolt on "customization".

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well my dad took the plunge a couple weeks ago. He bought another bike. 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE. It is showroom condition. Only had 160 miles. Real happy to see him and mom on a bike together again.

uploadfromtaptalk1430659066366.jpguploadfromtaptalk1430659087057.jpg

twireman

Kingston, OH
Very nice Hicks. My ol man got his lifelong bucket list bike about a month ago. 2014 Harley Ultra classic. He deserves it so I'm tickled for him! Mom loves to ride so they will have a ton of fun. Big upgrade from the softtail.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430673152.209625.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Kind of surprised this thread never took off more than it has. I think it is because there are a few motorcycle threads on here. I will bump this one since I have been digging out old pics lately. I found some more. Mostly dirt bikes. Haven't got any of the old photographs scanned into the computer yet.

This one was a seriously nasty uphill on a really muddy day. My buddy was hung up on the climb. A neighbor kid was taking pics for us as he did at most races. He has since gone on to being published in magazines for his motorcycle pics. He was still an amateur when he was taking pics of us.

dscn1941.jpgdscn1944.jpg

This was my first hole shot ever. Everyone lined up closest to the inside and it was a slimy mess. They pinned it for 100yds in the slime and had to do a 180 degree turn to the left. I lined up on the far right in the grass. Probably 20-25yds farther to the corner, but I had traction and only a 90-135 degree turn. Picking traction paid off that day. My first hole shot was amazing. What a great feeling. Much like the first time I had sex: I was all pumped up, didn't know what to do with it once I was there, and it didn't last as long as I would have liked it to have lasted. lmao

There are a couple other pics from the same race. One nasty uphill that was slimy/snotty as could be. Can barely see me between the trees. The other just to show how muddy it was that day.
dscn2090.jpgdscn2093.jpgdscn2094.jpg

Here are a couple of the bikes I raced. One was a totally tricked out KLX300. Only thing factory was the frame and it had been stripped down and powder coated Kawi green. It had a 340 kit, suspension was aftermarket, just tricked to the max. The other is one of the KTM 200EXCs I have owned. I still own one of them. I think this is the 2000 KTM. I still have the 2005 model. I pretty much quit racing in 2006 or so and it has been my very neglected trail bike ever since. Some of the guys on TOO have seen the 05 model in action. She can still get the job done when needed.

dscn2679.jpgdscn2682.jpgdscn2766.jpg

Gunther

I love to ride when I can, I have 04 cr125 and 08 raptor 700, I don't race or anything but enjoy flying across a fresh cut hayfield.IMG_20150417_171723936.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Chad's quad is a lot faster without a giant in it! lmao When I rode it at the summer shoot I was blown away. Fuggin thing has balls to spare.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Chad's quad is a lot faster without a giant in it! lmao When I rode it at the summer shoot I was blown away. Fuggin thing has balls to spare.
Imagine it with new back tires. With those tires on it now it just wants to spin, when I first put them on that thing would bite down and damn near throw you off Lol.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Bone stock still has original tires
Nice! I don't have any motor work done to mine. Didn't really want to mess with it. Mind has a Power commander 3, dynatek ignition, Trinity k&n intake, and the dmc force 4 duals. Had it dyno tuned and its making 53 hp. I highly recommend the dmc duals if you decide to go that route.