Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone ride motorcycles?

Gunther

Nice! I don't have any motor work done to mine. Didn't really want to mess with it. Mind has a Power commander 3, dynatek ignition, Trinity k&n intake, and the dmc force 4 duals. Had it dyno tuned and its making 53 hp. I highly recommend the dmc duals if you decide to go that route.

I would love to get the duals but I have some summer time home improvement projects that gotta get done before I spend that kinda money, your bike looks like you've had a lot more fun on it then I have had on mine

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I would love to get the duals but I have some summer time home improvement projects that gotta get done before I spend that kinda money, your bike looks like you've had a lot more fun on it then I have had on mine
Busted a headlight, so I took the other one off, broke the case saver off, busted the front bumper mounts when I smacked a tree. It's been around lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm too scared of the damn thing to have fun on it

If this is true. . . Do NOT spend anymore money modifying it. I have had big bore two strokes, big bore four strokes, and everything in between in regards to dirt bikes. I ride my 200cc KTM faster than any of the bigger bikes I've had. Modifying or buying bigger bikes does NOT always make one faster. Some of the guys saw me ride at the TOO gathering. My "little" 200 gets me around just fine. There have been studies done on throttles of professional motocross racers who ride big bores. It was found the majority could hold the throttle wide open for no more than a fraction of a second. I suppose if the same study was done on desert racers it might be different. Point being, even pros can't pin that throttle wide open for long.

Hill climbs? LOVE them! That is on 2 wheels though. I wouldn't want to do much hill climbing on a quad either.

Gunther

If this is true. . . Do NOT spend anymore money modifying it. I have had big bore two strokes, big bore four strokes, and everything in between in regards to dirt bikes. I ride my 200cc KTM faster than any of the bigger bikes I've had. Modifying or buying bigger bikes does NOT always make one faster. Some of the guys saw me ride at the TOO gathering. My "little" 200 gets me around just fine. There have been studies done on throttles of professional motocross racers who ride big bores. It was found the majority could hold the throttle wide open for no more than a fraction of a second. I suppose if the same study was done on desert racers it might be different. Point being, even pros can't pin that throttle wide open for long.

Hill climbs? LOVE them! That is on 2 wheels though. I wouldn't want to do much hill climbing on a quad either.

It doesn't need anymore power but I am kinda partial to the two pipes sticking out the back

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I have owned about 100 over the past 45 yrs. First one, a 1962 Harley Topper scooter, then a BSA Bantam. The oldest, a 1937 Indian Sport Scout. Presently a bunch of early 70's yam enduros from a JT1L to RT3, a TY250, a Matador and Pursang 360, a super rat, a 56 Harley Hummer, newest is 1986 Honda Trail 110.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
The "I wanna learn to drive like this" thread brought up the subject of motorcycles.

Might as well start a thread about motorcycles. What bike you have or have ridden could interesting. 4 wheelers don't count.:smiley_bike:

I guess I'll start. I had a 73 Suzuki Titan 500 crashed and burned that one.
Had a 1980 HD Super Glide / sold it to buy a boat, I am on my second boat now, the first was a runabout sold it last summer and bought a smaller bass boat.
I now have a 1984 Honda 700 which was my father's It became mine after he passed away in 08. The Honda needs a little TLC and I will keep it as long as I can.

Nothing to offer this thread...
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought these two as a pair. Cleaned both of them up, got them running, and sold the Triumph Trident. I kept the Norton Commando because I liked it a little better and I felt it was a better long term investment. Seems I might be correct. My buddy was at an auction within the last two weeks. A 1973 Commando brought $7000. He said it was not as clean as mine and wasn't sure if it ran. Mine has 8400 miles on it now. I need to get it out this year and put some miles on it.

DSCN1709.jpgDSCN2184.jpgDSCN1668.jpg