Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Aquarium fix

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Today's project involved some touch up concrete work inside my 300 gallon aquarium. After killing the entire tank, it was time to repair some of the concrete work that was rubbed off by the bottom feeders. I built the entire tank about 5 years ago.

HPIM2022.jpg
Little guy inside
HPIM2025.jpg
me inside
HPIM2031.jpg
done!

Original after fish were added.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Yes. It's built into the basement wall. It is a permanent fixture, unless of course a sledge hammer is used.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Since it has a concrete surround inside the tank, it can only be viewed from the front. It does split a wall so the 100 gallon filter system is hidden in the laundry room and all maintenance is done back there. I know how to build glass tanks and I have a cheap glass source, so hit me up when you are ready.

man o man i wish i would have met you when i had my reptile rescue , when we buy our new house here in the next few years , im wanting to put a snake tank under steps into the upstairs but i gotta find a house with the right steps to do it , i could have used you when i built my alligator enclosure

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Since it has a concrete surround inside the tank, it can only be viewed from the front. It does split a wall so the 100 gallon filter system is hidden in the laundry room and all maintenance is done back there. I know how to build glass tanks and I have a cheap glass source, so hit me up when you are ready.

i definately will. I appreciate the heads up....

Three things I really want when we build our house...a fireplace that goes from the living room and our bedroom and a fish tank that splits two rooms so you can see through it from both sides....I think that is cool as all get out. The cleaning part will really suck im sure..

I also want our living room to be huge with the headers across the ceiling exposed in a dark wood finish..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My ex-wifes father had a 2,000 gallon tank built in to his house. One night there was a sound like a limb breaking off a tree and falling to the ground.. A pop and woosh.. The next morning there was dead fish and water all over the living room. lmao

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
That would suck!!!

Only thing I can think of that would sucks besides that is...If i get tired of it then I havea n empty glass tank just sitting in the wall

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
My ex-wifes father had a 2,000 gallon tank built in to his house. One night there was a sound like a limb breaking off a tree and falling to the ground.. A pop and woosh.. The next morning there was dead fish and water all over the living room. lmao

Oh man that would not be good. My tank is overbuilt to the maximum. If it breaks it'll be because someone shoots it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here it is with the new fish (well they have been in there for awhile now) and new lights.
[video=youtube;ybO8s1MMKjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybO8s1MMKjI&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

matt hougan

Dayton area
Huh! I figured with the rocks you wete going with cichlids. Need some clown loaches in there for entertainment. I've had several tanks over the years, always community tanks. I got pretty good at keeping discus, which can be pretty tricky. If you run across a 125-150 gallon tank give me a holler.

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Huh! I figured with the rocks you wete going with cichlids. Need some clown loaches in there for entertainment. I've had several tanks over the years, always community tanks. I got pretty good at keeping discus, which can be pretty tricky. If you run across a 125-150 gallon tank give me a holler.

Thanks guys. I wanted to take a break from cichlids. Dante just acquired my 150 gallon last month, below.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here is an update. The fish have grown. Turn up the sound.
[video=youtube;kHvaQB5zZpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kHvaQB5zZpw#![/video]