Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ATV, UTV, compact tractor, WTF?

Jamie

Ohio
I settled on this Polar trailer to pull behind quad as it got excellent reviews as well. for the trailer, side extensions and 2" ball coupler kit tmd from Home Depot.com was $100 cheaper than Northern Tool. I bought a new Frigidaire chest freezer last year on sale from Home Depot.com. it was a great deal, free shipping , and they carried into the garage for me. who knew? :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Polar-Trailer-22-cu-ft-HD-1500-Trailer-8384/202326931

I've decided to get a 5x8 utility trailer to haul my mower and atv, save my bigger trailer for hauling wood, and it does not have a ramp, which is a hassle. TSC has the 5x8's with wood floor on sale for $100 off right now, which is $20 less than the cheaper ones with the mesh floor which are not on sale. since wood doesn't rust, this is a no brainer. my local store did not have any on the lot, but are getting some this afternoon. I'm going back when they arrive and have my pick of the litter.

I'm hoping this does not escalate any further.

Reactions: cspot

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I settled on this Polar trailer to pull behind quad as it got excellent reviews as well. for the trailer, side extensions and 2" ball coupler kit tmd from Home Depot.com was $100 cheaper than Northern Tool. I bought a new Frigidaire chest freezer last year on sale from Home Depot.com. it was a great deal, free shipping , and they carried into the garage for me. who knew? :)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Polar-Trailer-22-cu-ft-HD-1500-Trailer-8384/202326931

I've decided to get a 5x8 utility trailer to haul my mower and atv, save my bigger trailer for hauling wood, and it does not have a ramp, which is a hassle. TSC has the 5x8's with wood floor on sale for $100 off right now, which is $20 less than the cheaper ones with the mesh floor which are not on sale. since wood doesn't rust, this is a no brainer. my local store did not have any on the lot, but are getting some this afternoon. I'm going back when they arrive and have my pick of the litter.

I'm hoping this does not escalate any further.
Don't you need a plow for that quad?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Would this be a bad time to tell you about the UTV I'm about to sell? And used trailer? :eek:

I have a feeling you won't care. You seem happy with your decision. Just had to rib you a bit.

Reactions: Bigslam51

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will be listing my 2004 Club Car XRT1500 soon. 4x4 20hp Honda. Manual dump bed. Windshield and roof. No doors. Tires less than 50 miles on them. No trailer. That was just teasing. Jamie seemed content with the quad purchase and I believe he should. it sounded like a wise choice for his needs. Figured I'd rib him but my UTV truly will be for sale soon. Likely be listed at $4900. Text me if your interested. I could do a little better for you Jon.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jamie

Ohio
total dick move, but very funny!:ROFLMAO:

I got what I need. it's a tool, not a toy for me. UTV not really of any use to me for what I need to do, but I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a buyer. used equipment like this is a hot item.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
total dick move, but very funny!:ROFLMAO:

I got what I need. it's a tool, not a toy for me. UTV not really of any use to me for what I need to do, but I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a buyer. used equipment like this is a hot item.

You had already bought your quad when I bought my newer UTV. I had no clue I was going to have one for sale. New one sort of followed me home. Lol

Jamie

Ohio
This post is useless without pictures

had to get a little dirt on the tires. posting a picture of a showroom clean ATV would have just been gay.

IMG_1651.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Old Green came home with my dad in the spring of 2001. He's a surveyor and we used to hoof it when I was a kid. In 1998 or so, he took a job doing a 200 lot trailer park and built in enough to buy a 1986 Honda 250 Fourtrax. We wore that puppy out on that job, plus I was a teenager by then and rode it like it wasn't mine 😂 Dad added the 350 Rancher my senior year and here we are 20 years later and she still runs like a top. It's literally been rolled off a mountain in WV when my dad lost it on a washout and it rolled 1,100' down the hillside. I've ran the dog piss out of it and she sits outside a good bit. Frozen solid and she fired the first try today. When you consider ROI, very little delivers more, for longer, than a Honda.

20210221_122646.jpg