Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Backyard Fight

Schu72

Streetsboro
I have had this target up since early summer. I woke up this morining and look out into the backyard to see it destroyed! I have to assume this was a deer attack. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Oh, he left without eating the corn that was about 10 yards away.:smiley_baby:

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
That's pretty crazy! It wouldn't surprise me though.

Maybe stick a trail camera out there and see if he comes back tonight for a second round.

I had a decoy atacked in late Oct several years back

While I sat in the tree stand trying for a shot

But this time of the year is strange

Wonder if yotes or kids could be involved ?

John

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've got a series of 20+ photos of two big bucks going at it the day after Christmas. Not just sparring either, they were rolling each other. If there are still does coming in in your area, then the bucks will still be stand-offish.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I had a decoy atacked in late Oct several years back

While I sat in the tree stand trying for a shot

But this time of the year is strange

Wonder if yotes or kids could be involved ?

John

Did a little more investigation....There are marks on the ground where the deer was stomping and pawing the ground. I'm sure it was a deer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I watched 26 deer come out of a state park last Thursday into a field. 2 bucks were fighting and pushing each other around the whole time. Another couple bucks were running over to check it out and they ended up getting in a fight... So yeah.. They're still going at it.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Same thing happened to my uncles deer target in his back yard last fall......the thing was broken into several pieces and there were large tracks all around it! He even lives on the edge of town.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
I've had it happen to my target twice. Each time you could see antler gouge marks in the side and back end. Just like a decoy. Last time it was pretty severely damaged.