Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Barny or Wolfy

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Also, be educated on Brown Recluse. There have been no verified accounts of this spider outdoors in Ohio. So if you suffer from a nasty bite, your doc who doesn't know Jack shit will tell you "oh it's a brown recluse bite". Don't believe him.
4E6DA1B1-CB18-4EB1-AA0E-A0431AFEE69B.png

Reactions: Left field

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
It could be a wolf , I've had alot of wolf spiders in the house over the years at the farms and also this new place but never seen one like this one that's what made me second guess. Also the patterns arent jiving up for me on the wolf . If I find another one I'll catch him alive and bring him to a TOO event for you guys lol

Reactions: Left field

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My bro, @Fullbore has been an Ironworker for over 30 years and has had several experiences with nasty venomous arachnids over his career. Slept in a room of hotel up in Sandusky Ohio with a brown recluse, killed 13 female black widows nesting in steel beams sent from Bowling Green Ky for a bridge they erected up in Findlay Ohio and a red back spider nested in steel from Missouri for a bridge in Columbus at 270/670 interchange. The red back is mostly from Australia and apparently has found its way on our continent. These lil bastards come across our borders from all sorts of places. I know of several people in Ohio that have been bitten by recluse spiders and had lots of tissue removed at that bite site. Just sayin’.👍🏻

Brown Recluse
925CA519-22C6-4A00-990E-EBCA9C15717C.jpeg

Red Back
770EBA52-67EE-4AA9-8805-7A1F6E2F4E8A.jpeg

We both have black widow video/photos but not somewhere in the bowels of our PC’s. Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The first pic of the supposed BR isn’t the best due to the shadow or low light but Ron swears he saw a fiddle and showed this pic to an exterminator who was filling up with gas that morning and he confirmed it was in fact a BR. The amount hairs on the legs makes me wonder some but according to an article I read they do have hair but not spines and I personally can’t tell the difference between the two. Lol