Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BB/Pellet Gun's

Big H

Medina
OK, what was your BB Gun or Pellet rifle growing up? Do you still have it? I had 2, one was a Daisy Model 1894. And my pellet gun was/is a Winchester Model 435 that I still have, in fact I shot a chipmunk with it this morning. Both were from the late 60's early 70's I believe.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Too many and to long ago to recall lol. There's a mix of 3-4 different budget ones in the garage now for the boys. Always wanted to have a high end killer in either .177 or .22.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I had a Daisy..lever action but don’t recall the model. Crossman 760 which shot bb’s and pellets. And RWS 22cal that was very accurate but heavy. And a Gamo big cat. The crossman was the most fun to shoot and probably shot more than all of the others combined.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Daisy lever action BB gun
Crossman 760
Crossman 1400 .22 cal pellet gun
Benjamin pellet gun
The crossman 1400 was the most accurate and powerful of the group.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
What is a good BB/Pellet gun to buy right now? My dad would never let me have a BB gun as a kid. I'm certain this is why I need to use a scope in order to hit anything now.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
What is a good BB/Pellet gun to buy right now? My dad would never let me have a BB gun as a kid. I'm certain this is why I need to use a scope in order to hit anything now.
Benjamin makes a very good BB gun...my buddy had one and it was a shooter. For plain old fun, I’d get a crossman 760. Never seen a crossman 1400 but if J is giving it accolades, I’d check it out.

Reactions: 5Cent and Spencie

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Benjamin makes a very good BB gun...my buddy had one and it was a shooter. For plain old fun, I’d get a crossman 760. Never seen a crossman 1400 but if J is giving it accolades, I’d check it out.
1400 was old school back in the day. Discontinued, made from 1968-1978...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I was out in the garage, took a look. The Daisy Powerline 35 is the one I grab of the boys collection. There are 3 Red Riders and a Crosman Legacy 1000....all bargain price guns but all kill chipmunks!

Last edited:
Reactions: "J"
Had numerous lever actions, a M1 Carbine (cocked by pushing the barrel into to stock) and the Crosman 760. The 760 was a game changer, BB gun wars were epic. Opposite side side you can only pump it to 5, yeah right, here comes 10 pumps. Killed a lot of birds. Stupid of youth: Shot one of my neighbor's prized pigeons, got the 760 taken away for 2 weeks. Every time my parents were away I searched the house for the 760, never could find it. At the 2 week mark I asked my mom were it was. Her reply, in it's box under your bed. WTF, never looked there.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Had a Crossman 760 when I was a kid. Used to play BB gun wars with the neighbor kids (only 2 pumps allowed lol). Loved taking that thing in the woods and shooting it. No longer have it but it may still be at my folks place.

I have a break barrel Ruger pellet gun now but it doesn't get used all that much. Killed a few squirrels with it.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
I had an older crossman bb/pellet gun as a youngster. Killed lots of birds with that old thing. I couldn't tell you the model of it though.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
After the Red Ryder, Jeff and I had each had a crossman that were co2, semi auto.
We killed a lot of red squirrels with em.

A few years ago I bough the “best 177 ca. Walmart had. (Don’t even remember the name. ) spent 1 day with it and returned it. Shit groupings and loud as a 22.
22 subsonic were quieter and papered better...

Hunter II

A little rough looking now. They don’t make the new ones like they use to 45 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk