Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BB/Pellet Gun's

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lord. I went through a bunch of them, even a couple of pistols. The 760 was my first but I soon gravitated to the Daisy Powerline 880. I wore out about 5 of them in my youth. The bolt that went through to hold the stock on would wear through from pumping it so much and the stock would fall off. I mostly shot instinctive as the sights never lasted long. Either the front post would come off or the rear would lose the little plastic wedge. Point and shoot became the norm and I could smoke a bird, chipmink or bullfrog with it both eyes open.

images (46).jpeg

Along the way I also acquired a marksman repeater. Loaded it by flipping up the front sight and sticking a BB or pellet in the hole the racking the slide to cock it.
3ca71a208b048124d29338c3f86b9a40.jpg

I had a Crossman 1377 pump for a while but preferred a rifle. Sweet little Gunn that packed a punch for a pistol.
maxresdefault (6).jpg

And the only CO2 gun I ever had. The old colt python. Never had the money to keep it fed so I think I traded it for something. Probably a fishing pole.

61ZUnHDXWTL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

All are long gone. They were used hard and enjoyed.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Buddy had that crossman pellet pistol, Joe. It packed a wallop that’s for sure. It’d drop a coon outta a tree and it’d hit the ground graveyard dead...

Reactions: 5Cent

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Growing up: Red Ryder, and some daisy pellet/bb gun that you could pump up to increase power. Never got pellets but the BBs were potent. Had that same break action rack slide pistol but it was a garage sale find my grandpa never got working consistently.

Now my oldest "gave" each Grandpa a Red Ryder for his first christmas. I just bought a Gamo Shadow Whisper and got it dialed in yesterday. My oldest was sad he didn't get to shoot it again today. Its a .177 and we have 7.9 pointed and hollow point pellets for it. Is it adequate for anything and if so at what sort of ranges? Or just a fun plinker?

Reactions: Blan37