Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Berries 2021

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Close to home
tenor.png

Jamie

Ohio
Slim pickins'. I just don't have enough raspberry plants to feed everyone and me. birds, deer and whatever other critters are eating them as fast as they ripen. lots of berries not ripe still, but most of the ripe ones were gone. I did manage to find a cup and half worth. :rolleyes: we'll enjoy this meager take on cereal or with some vanilla ice cream for a couple of days.

IMG_3441.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Rick, your post on Facebook inspired Mason. He had a late night last night, rough day before noon today but felt better by 5 or so. Lol. That’s about when he said “dad, let’s go get some berries “. We snatched about a gallon, maybe a little more. I enjoyed it. Haven’t picked em in years.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Rick, your post on Facebook inspired Mason. He had a late night last night, rough day before noon today but felt better by 5 or so. Lol. That’s about when he said “dad, let’s go get some berries “. We snatched about a gallon, maybe a little more. I enjoyed it. Haven’t picked em in years.
THAT IS TOO GOOD!

Picked a few raspberries yesterday on the plants we put in last summer. Nice and sweet but not a lot of them. Found a couple blackberry bushes that were ready back behind the barn but dang they had no taste or were a little sour. Not sure what was up with that.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Picked a few raspberries yesterday on the plants we put in last summer. Nice and sweet but not a lot of them. Found a couple blackberry bushes that were ready back behind the barn but dang they had no taste or were a little sour. Not sure what was up with that.
It doesn't take much red on a BlackBerry to make it sour.

Reactions: Big_Holla