Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best Tasting Game Meat?

djohn9713

Alright, this might not be the right forum since it is Ohio Whitetail, however, what is the best tasting game meat? The reason I ask is I have been kicking around the idea of doing an elk hunt at some point. I was talking the other day with someone who has hunted elk for years and he mentioned his favorite game meat is moose. So, if you are going for a big hunt like this with the goal of filling a freezer with the best tasting game, what game would you choose?

Lucky

Sunbury
Dall sheep then moose. Spent 6 yrs in alaska and worked at mystic lake lodge as a guide helper. Ate lots of moose caribou a little bear and dall sheep. For a ram to b legal its going to be around 7 yrs old or older. And running around mountain sides there whole life. You would think the meat would be extremely tough. Its deep dark red and such a tender delicious meet. Moose is def second. Very mild.

Qback5

I’ve found avian species, in particular pheasant and turkey, to be quite tasty. Best deer I ever had was mixed 50/50 with pork shoulder.