Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Bear Cub In The Yard...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So the bears are up and about... Went out the other night to get something out of the truck and thought I caught a glimpse of black in the yard.. Then was talking to neighbor and she said she about stepped on one the other night by her front steps... So thought what the hell and hung a trail camera in back yard... Checked it earlier and was surprised I got a pic of one so fast... Sunday night got this little one passing through.... Well not TOO LITTLE... He's probably 600 + lbs... For just comming out of hibernation he is huge... Don't wanna bump into him in the driveway putting the garbage out at midnight....

Attachments

• PXL_20210416_160536706.jpg
    PXL_20210416_160536706.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 134
So the bears are up and about... Went out the other night to get something out of the truck and thought I caught a glimpse of black in the yard.. Then was talking to neighbor and she said she about stepped on one the other night by her front steps... So thought what the hell and hung a trail camera in back yard... Checked it earlier and was surprised I got a pic of one so fast... Sunday night got this little one passing through.... Well not TOO LITTLE... He's probably 600 + lbs... For just comming out of hibernation he is huge... Don't wanna bump into him in the driveway putting the garbage out at midnight....
Good Golly Miss Molly! She is a big one! Probably about to drop cubs? Could you PM me the GPS co ordinates? Asking for a friend! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Good Golly Miss Molly! She is a big one! Probably about to drop cubs? Could you PM me the GPS co ordinates? Asking for a friend! :ROFLMAO:

Cubs are born in the winter . How big should this bear be come fall ?
Mickey,,, That's not a female.... Definitely a boar.... Drop cubs??? Nope.... Cubs are normally born the last week of January... I've been fortunate enough to go out in March in Pa. and tag the little ones with a Pa. biologist.... Tracker.... I was joking when I said bear cub pic in title.... This bear is a larger than average boar.... I'll bet he's 600+ lbs now... By fall he'll be 700+ lbs... Jersey and Pa. Grow the biggest black bears in the world... GPS coordinates??? Won't help as we have no bear hunt this fall...

Reactions: Isaacorps