Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blind suggestions

at1010

*Supporting Member*
ttp://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/guide-gear-10-hunting-platform.aspx?a=826523

I have these towers on my farm on two plots. What blinds would you all suggest that I could put on this, that would allow me to be comfortable and be able to stand and shoot.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated. Thank you!

mrex

*Supporting member*
Occasionally the right spot doesn't have the right tree. My son had this situation last year so he set up a cheap tent blind, brushed it in and rapped a ghost blind around the front. When the wind was right, he said deer would walk past and never look his direction.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I looked up your setup. 48" square platform will make it tough to find a blind which you can stand up and shoot from unless you are willing to buy a blind which overhangs the edges. Barronnett blinds are very nice and we have a nice selection of them. I have been impressed with their quality. As stated though, most are larger than 48" platform. You might have to build something. Not sure how much weight it will sustain. You better build it light.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Like Phil said, you are limited by them only being 48" wide. The Barronett Blinds are awesome for guys our size, but you may not be able to find one with that base. I have had Primos (pre-Double Bull), Ground Max (pre-Primos) Barronett, and Ameristep. All were decent blinds.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I plan on building it a bit bigger than the platform just to for tie downs to stretch the blind. You got a link I can check some of these out?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Occasionally the right spot doesn't have the right tree. My son had this situation last year so he set up a cheap tent blind, brushed it in and rapped a ghost blind around the front. When the wind was right, he said deer would walk past and never look his direction.

This is awesome!