Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Coyote Snaring 2014

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That's what I'm going to do next year, shit gets expensive when you buy pre made snares. My buddy makes his own so he'll show me how.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
php6KkHpiPM.jpgphpLxj9MhPM.jpgphpIgr6h4PM.jpg Caught a big male today that was wrapped up and dead when we got there. Took my buddy Kevin with me and our running joke is he was a jinx as he has gone with me several times this year to check them and always came up blank when he is with me so figured we wouldn't catch squat today but looky here the jinx was broke today. LOL Most times when someone else goes along we most always seem to have one. Just never with Kevin but guess he can go along with me more now. LOL We did get a chance to put in nine more sets today as we found a great trail that runs right through the middle of a big CRP field and had yote tracks and scat on it so put two sets there and will put 4 more on it tomorrow . Looks like a great area so I hope to get several out of there time will tell. One thing I do notice that once the snow is gone the catches seem to go up. The snares just blend in so much better and we don't leave our tracks even though some will walk right in our paths in the snow I think some of the wiser yotes shy away.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Damn man, hell of a job! Do you typically set on one farm at a time?
Hey Bigslam right now I am setting on two farms. Some times it is nice just to concentrate on one farm at a time and try to thin them out quick and you can tell when that happens because we see a lot fewer to no tracks and once I go a week with none I will pull out and hit another farm. Dont have a lot set right now but they are in good locations. Those sets today look real good with all the sign so really hoping for some catches in the next few days. I am excited about those sets in the CRP field as it just has coyote written all over it.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[1] (6).jpgsecuredownload[2] (6).jpgsecuredownload[1] (7).jpgsecuredownload[1] (8).jpgphppSVmdoAM.jpg Went out this morning and had this really cool colored female yote. Very light and blonde looking . It is nice to be catching several females now and two more weeks and i will be wrapping up for the year so hope to catch several more before I am done. I started this year at 53 since I have been doing this the past five years and my goal was to get to 70 this year but if I get a couple more it looks like I may hit 80.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phptQrkcLAM.jpgphpZu33WxAM.jpgphprPp4Z8AM.jpgphp4u1lFGAM.jpg Had my friend Ryan go with me for the second time and we caught another nice male today. Had a coon we released also. That is the 11th yote I have taken off of my main bowhunting farm. One of my friends that farms ask me to check out one of their farms not too far from where I am snaring now that they raise cattle on and he said it is has a lot of yotes on it so will go look at it next week and may put a dozen or so out there for a week and a half until I finish up or may wait till next season depends on the sign I see while we are there. The yote today still had really nice fur and his tail wasn't rubbed out like some are starting to get. That is 10 yotes the last 2 weeks so I am happy about that.

Kaiser878

ohio
Unbelievable. I set a new.farm yesterday. They had been seeing 3 regularly and one is black. I put the traps in and it it rained yesterday then.snowed. went.back this.morning and both traps had 1/4 inch of.ice.and coyote.tracks all over.em. I about blew a rod