Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Coyote Snaring 2014

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[1] (87).jpgsecuredownload[1] (88).jpgphpooSSuBAM.jpgphptzf5xSAM.jpgphp74to42AM.jpgphpDP7psFAM.jpgphpBUrOBSAM.jpg Got out this morning and had two yotes in my snares the first was a small female and man she was a muddy mess and choked out I had to rinse her off in the creek just to see what she looked like and the other was a big male and he looked a lot like the female I caught last Saturday but not on the same farm he had that neat blondish yellow color, When I pulled in I could see him across the field from my truck but wasn't sure at first as he blended in with the field grasses until I saw him move in the one pic you can see my truck parked on top of the hill. Not a bad morning and was nice to be out there and just enjoy the nice weather.My plan is to start pulling my snares next Thursday and Friday as I want to be done and want to go to the Bow Hunter Super Show on Saturday as I want to check out some recurve bows there so hope to catch a few more next week if not it was still a great season. If any of you are going to the show next Saturday would be cool to meet some of you there .

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Oh I forgot the female I caught today was on the last snare I had Don set when he was up in January so Don that is another one you set so see you can catch them. Amazing that it has been there that long but that is the nice thing about snares they are always working just a matter of time before one took that trail.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Driving down 33 yesterday. I seen a Coyote nailing a Wanted Poster on a telephone pole. Had Brians picture on it.....Two other Coyotes standing behind him shaking their heads like "So THAT'S what he looks like"!!!!!!:smiley_clap:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1395073508336.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395073493883.jpg Had one today but he chewed out and really chewed the trees up.When I set this one friday I figured they would wrap up around one of the trees but this one decided to chew.Sucks that would have been #30 snared this yr. And that is funny Rick a wanted poster huh.LOL

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[1] (91).jpgsecuredownload[1] (90).jpg Caught # 30 today it was a male and he was choked out. Went yesterday and pulled all but 7 snares on the family farm and will pull them Friday. Still have a few on my main bowhunting farm and will try and finish up there Friday if I have time if not will pull them next week.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
php8WdPBePM.jpgphpMydqp3PM.jpgphpkWmZgqPM.jpgsecuredownload[1] (92).jpgsecuredownload[1] (93).jpgsecuredownload[2] (51).jpgsecuredownload[1] (95).jpgsecuredownload[1] (94).jpgphp8WdPBePM.jpgphpMydqp3PM.jpgphpkWmZgqPM.jpgsecuredownload[1] (92).jpgsecuredownload[1] (93).jpgsecuredownload[2] (51).jpgsecuredownload[1] (95).jpgsecuredownload[1] (94).jpg Caught #31 today another nice male and that is 13 males and 1 female off of this farm and the nice thing is this is the one that chewed out Monday as when I went to cut the snare off what was left of the other one was still on him. He did have some cuts on his gums but not as bad as I thought it would be tough bastards. LOL Also one of my buddy's finished a yote skull for me and it came out nice. Going to pull all the snares off of the other farm tomorrow as it has slowed way down there but this farm keeps producing consistently so may go one more week. This snaring is really addictive when you are knocking them out. Will keep you guys updated when if get some more.

Damn he was a big eater that's for sure. Pretty cool you caught 'the one that got away' LOL!! I'd say he probably just rolled and rolled and twisted that bugger off by the looks of it. Proof is in the pudding you sure know what you are doing!! Going to have to think about getting someone to trap/snare our property this next season I think.