Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bourbon Drinkers...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
How good is this stuff?

My roommate works at a restaraunt and they get samples from vendors so that they buy their products. Like we were drinking patron last night. There's a fifth of Maker's Mark 46 too.

It's horrible.... take those samples and box 'em up. I'll pick 'em up next time I'll traveling in the area and make sure they're disposed of.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Anyone ever drink Evan Williams? Buddy of mine drinks it but I've never tried it, seems like a pretty good price on a 1.75l bottle?

Rot gut. Good for cooking, or to put out when your alcoholic cousin comes over. Other than that... nada.

Guys... Life is too short to drink cheap bourbon... You either pay for it with cash and get the good stuff, or with your health the next morning after drinking the cheap stuff.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
LOL I kind of figured it would be TOO good to be true!

The best economy priced bourbon i have found is Eagle Rare. Runs about 25-30 bucks and is aged 10 years. It's easily worth double it's price tag in the quality and taste department.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
The best economy priced bourbon i have found is Eagle Rare. Runs about 25-30 bucks and is aged 10 years. It's easily worth double it's price tag in the quality and taste department.

May have to track down a bottle of that. I looked over the bourbon section pretty good last time and didn't remember seeing that anywhere, but I could have overlooked it. That small bottle of Maker's just doesn't last very long for being 30 bucks a bottle, and I just sip on it a little at a time.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
May have to track down a bottle of that. I looked over the bourbon section pretty good last time and didn't remember seeing that anywhere, but I could have overlooked it. That small bottle of Maker's just doesn't last very long for being 30 bucks a bottle, and I just sip on it a little at a time.

IMO it even surpasses Makers.. I mean.. Where else can you find a 10 year old, single barrel bourbon at the 30 dollar mark.

Makers is only aged 6 years, and by their own deceleration will never make a "single barrel" makers..

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Rot gut. Good for cooking, or to put out when your alcoholic cousin comes over. Other than that... nada.

Guys... Life is too short to drink cheap bourbon... You either pay for it with cash and get the good stuff, or with your health the next morning after drinking the cheap stuff.

Should have took your advice, got me a bottle of Evan Williams the last time I was at the liquor store, not my favorite that's for sure!

I believe I will be sticking to Makers for now!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Should have took your advice, got me a bottle of Evan Williams the last time I was at the liquor store, not my favorite that's for sure!

I believe I will be sticking to Makers for now!

You can still use it for cooking.. Bourbon marinated deer steaks. yummmmm....

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I had a BUNCH of my "special" Long Island Iced Teas on Saturday night. I was fugged bad. I was actually tired of bourbon/whiskey or rum. You can drink and drink those Long Islands until....BLAM! Toast.

:smiley_champagne::smiley_adfundum:

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I had a BUNCH of my "special" Long Island Iced Teas on Saturday night. I was fugged bad. I was actually tired of bourbon/whiskey or rum. You can drink and drink those Long Islands until....BLAM! Toast.

:smiley_champagne::smiley_adfundum:

Beentown

What's the recipe if you don't mind me asking?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
What's the recipe if you don't mind me asking?

Dang had this all typed out and hit the wrong reply button and cleared it...ugh.

One part (2 ounces in my mini server/mixer) of vodka, gin, clear rum, clear tequila, 1/2 part (1 ounce) of Triple Sec, 4 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice (preferred but you can use the green bottle stuff I just recommend alot less) 2 lemon wedges, 1 cup of Coca-Cola, 2 tablespoons of Splenda, and plenty of ice. Turn over once in the mixer and enjoy a couple.

I don't make large batches because the ice thins it or the pop looses its fizz. Sometimes I do make up the alcohol/Splenda portions then just add the ice, Coke, and lemon. Another substitute I do is if no lemon juice is available drop the Slenda and use Sweet and Sour mix instead. Just a touch. I don't use it often because it is TOO sweet for me.

Beentown

Buckmaster

Portage

They certainly have a way of sneaking up on you.
:smiley_blackeye: