Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bourbon Drinkers...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Makers Mark

My cousins new husband introduced me to this while we were down on vacation. By far the best bourbon hands down I've ever tasted....

Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon.jpg

Had to get me a bottle on the way home. Anyone tried it?

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I dipped my own bottle at the distillery a few years back. Maker's Mark is my favorite... Woodford Reserve is pretty good TOO!!

I am more of a Scotch drinker
But if bourbon is the drink of the night , I preferr Woodford Reserve

But if you are buying
Maker's Mark is a close 2 IMO

John

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh yea... Maker's Mark is some damn good bourbon. It's by far my favorite, but I haven't tried Woodford Reserve yet.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Makers. It'll do in a bar... But i haven't bought a bottle in forever.

Truthfully I think Eagle Rare is better and well priced.

Woodford reserve is a stable good all around go to bourbon when the shelves at the liquor store have standard offerings.

If you want something to let you know what a great bourbon. ind yourself a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel..

Which brings me to another point..

If you want to know what a bourbon is supposed to taste like.. What the master distiller strives to make. drink bourbon that is either "single barrel" "reserve" or "small batch"... The rest are all mixed.. Meaning none of them have the legs to stand on their own.. The bourbon is all "mixed" to make a unified taste. It may be 70% good and 30% shit.. But mixed it all tastes the same.. Only the best make "single barrel" "reserve" or "small batch".. It is in these bottles where the art of bourbon can be found.. It is here you will find the heart and soul of true bourbon... The mixed stuff. Let the bars buy it..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think I remember a conversation on the streets of Nashville talking with some ditzy girl about bourbon. She wanted you to come in there and was telling you they had whatever drink you wanted. You asked her for some good bourbon, and I am not sure she could even name one. Joe was at the point of pissing himself. I think that is the only reason he wanted to go into that bar. When we drug him to the Escalade, he ended up pissing in the parking lot like a dang race horse.:smiley_cocktail::smiley_cheers::smiley_beer::smiley_adfundum::BS2:;)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think I remember a conversation on the streets of Nashville talking with some ditzy girl about bourbon. She wanted you to come in there and was telling you they had whatever drink you wanted. You asked her for some good bourbon, and I am not sure she could even name one. Joe was at the point of pissing himself. I think that is the only reason he wanted to go into that bar. When we drug him to the Escalade, he ended up pissing in the parking lot like a dang race horse.:smiley_cocktail::smiley_cheers::smiley_beer::smiley_adfundum::BS2:;)

Shows my dedication to my bourbon.. "Anything" is a big order to fill and tantalizes my taste buds. I half knew she was just leading me on. I mean that is her job after all.. Shake her ass, perk out her tits, and get people to stop in the bar.. I immediately asked the bouncer. "What kind of bourbon do you have.." "Standard. Just makers.".. I turned and left. lol For the right bourbon i might have just pissed myself.

I filled and poured out that red party cup twice before saying "WTF am i doing" and just pissing on the parking lot.. lmao..

BTW... 6 Hours earlier i had just met Hicks friend john, john's wife, and her MIL.. "Hi, I'm joe.. Nice to meet you.. 6 hours from now i will be standing between the doors of your car while you all wait inside, and my drunk ass pisses like a race horse in a parking lot .. " I was never bashful..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You make a good point Joe. You had really just met them that evening. Didn't take you long to let some beer piss splatter on John's wife's Escalade rims while the mother-in-law was in the back seat after sipping on Sprite the whole night.rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You make a good point Joe. You had really just met them that evening. Didn't take you long to let some beer piss splatter on John's wife's Escalade rims while the mother-in-law was in the back seat after sipping on Sprite the whole night.rotflmao

I wasn't close to the rims. lol.. I was between the doors. Both front and back door open... But john was in the drivers seat. So really i was standing not a foot from him taking a leak between the doors and the cars.. At first everyone was dead quiet.... But after the second pour and the faucet was still running, someone snickered and the entire truck busted into laughter.. And john said.. MAN! you wern't kidding....

But hey... You're either gonna like me or ya ain't.. I promise it won't take long for someone to figure out which one.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
If you want something to let you know what a great bourbon. ind yourself a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel..

Yes! Forgot about Four Roses... that was the second place I stopped along the Bourbon Trail. Met with a 175 year old lady who gave me a quick tour and a few samples. Bought a bottle of the single barrel and headed back to Ohio. Great stuff!

So far I've been to Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, and Maker's Mark. Gotta get back down there and finish the trail one of these days...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I wasn't close to the rims. lol.. I was between the doors. Both front and back door open... But john was in the drivers seat.

I think everyone laughed because it was John's wife driving while you were pissing next to her. lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I think everyone laughed because it was John's wife driving while you were pissing next to her. lol

LMAO... Oh yeah, i remember now. lmao Good thing i'm not shy then... It is kind of strange to think i just met them, then 6 hours later i'm standing about a foot away from his wife pissing my brains out.

Maybe i should send a thank you card. :smiley_blackeye:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
LMAO... Oh yeah, i remember now. lmao Good thing i'm not shy then... It is kind of strange to think i just met them, then 6 hours later i'm standing about a foot away from his wife pissing my brains out.

Maybe i should send a thank you card. :smiley_blackeye:

I don't know. I am not sure the proper etiquette on that one. I wasn't looking either, but maybe she should be sending YOU a thank you card!lmao:pickle:

Huckleberry Finn

How good is this stuff?

My roommate works at a restaraunt and they get samples from vendors so that they buy their products. Like we were drinking patron last night. There's a fifth of Maker's Mark 46 too.