Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow String Jig by Hoytmania

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thank you Hoytmania for making this video for the members and guests here at theohiooutdoors to learn from.

[video=youtube;unSypMCz5ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unSypMCz5ro[/video]

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great job on that video, Steve. Hopefully you put another one together that shows the actual process of string building!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
That is the plan. I am waiting for the string material to show up now. I am wondering what kind of delay I am going to experience now that the post office in Mansfield got flooded. :tantrum:

A little suggestion about making your first felmish bow string. Get a good little buzz going then start making strings so you dont lose your patience. It can be a little frustraiting when you get a string twisted and the thing unwinds when you put it on your bow. I can almost guarantee you the first two you do will be failures or wont hold up to your expectations. Stick with it though and you will figure it out.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow, thanks Steve.... But where's Austin in that process???? Let me guess out chasing some girls around.... lol.... :smiley_clap: Looking forward too the string making....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Wow, thanks Steve.... But where's Austin in that process???? Let me guess out chasing some girls around.... lol.... :smiley_clap: Looking forward too the string making....

At least I know he is not on the darn xbox. Hes grounded from it till the end of this week. LOLlmao