Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowling

Huckleberry Finn

I have been bowling on Friday nights with 3 buddies for the last three years. We go off and on, but probably once a month. I normally come in the bottom half and I don't think I've won in a year or so.

Our first game I had a 121, and the winner had a 154 and the other two tied for 153. Tight game.

Second game, I bowled a 167, a new personal record. We had a 163, 152, and a 120.

Not too bad...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I had a 187 average @ 16..... (I worked at a bowling alley for two years) :smiley_arrogant: :smiley_coolpeace:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good job buddy. I like to bowl ever once in awhile. I was in a league a few years ago and had a personal best of 210 and I haven't come close to it since lmao.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't bowled in years... kids used to go and do the midnight bowling with the lights off over the allies and Tue machines only thing lit up kinda cool for the..... when they were really small they did the bumper bowling which is hilarious lol.....

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I've bowled in leagues since I was 12. I've had 9 300's and back in 05 I shot 300,300 215 for the 815 series. Had 28 strikes in a row. My higest average for a year was in 07 when I finished the season with a 222 average...

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
My brother has a bowling alley. His kids were pretty good. His oldest son took bowling in college for a PE credit and bowled a 300 while in the class so he got an A+.

I used to bowl on leagues before kids, now maybe once every couple of years. Never was very good.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sam, what lanes does he have? I used to work at Gran on Mahoning over on the west side of Youngstown while in HS....

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Use to bowl in two leagues, held a 194 average best score was 290.......spared in the first frame and struck the rest of the way out. Ended up with a 740 series that night. Kind of miss bowling.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I have a buddy like that. Doesn't matter what he does ( old man softball, bowling, ping pong, golf, etc...) he's frigging good. Dumb ass never even played a sport in high school, but should have.

I never played on high school teams. The basketball coach used to call my dad every year and try to get my dad to let me play. Dad always wanted me working. I'm 6' and could take one step and dunk two handed. Had a 37 inch vertical. Back in 91 I got a pair of strength shoes and would jog every night for 2-5 miles with them things on. I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen them or if they even make them anymore but man would them things kill your legs. But basketball is still my favorite sport. I play every wednesday night at a local gym with about 15 guys. When I tell them I never played they think I'm joking...

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Use to bowl in two leagues, held a 194 average best score was 290.......spared in the first frame and struck the rest of the way out. Ended up with a 740 series that night. Kind of miss bowling.

What was it a 7 or 10 pin??? I bowl with a guy that has bowled 51 300''s and around 30 800's. Guy bowls 5 nights a week and has no job. Carries around a 230 average every year...

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
What was it a 7 or 10 pin??? I bowl with a guy that has bowled 51 300''s and around 30 800's. Guy bowls 5 nights a week and has no job. Carries around a 230 average every year...

BS, if he bowled 51's 300 games he would be on the tour, totally BS!!! Just Sayin if he was that good we would be seeing him on TV.