Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Checked cams today in Fayette. These two may be dead by now. But if they come by, we will be awful happy to see them.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Oops. Forgot the pics. I think the clean ten is one I saw a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 179

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm 90% sure the 9 point pictured is the one that caught me juggling my bow for my video camera a week or two ago. The ten point is one I saw on one of my late October/early November sits. He's pretty, but I think he's a youngster that could be a super star. But who knows, I see him in the next few days I may shoot him... ya just never know.

Attachments

• 11160049.jpg
    11160049.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 11190060.jpg
    11190060.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 181

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Now to catch up:
We took my nephew out yesterday. He saw five or so, never got a shot off. Mason and I saw four antlerless and three bucks, no big ones. We left our stands and did a couple of small pushes around my house, resulting in no shots fired because my brother cannot follow instructions. Ha. I gave him a little heck, so then he asked my nephew if he now understood why it was that my brother and I fought all the time as kids. He answered, "Yeah, 'cause you screw everything up". I like that boy...

Today Mason and I went up to Fayette for an afternoon hunt. He saw 8, not a horn to be found among them. No shots fired, good time was still had, and there is no mess to be cleaned up. All is well.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hunted Fayette this morning. Saw two antlerless. Got down around 10. The landowner and I gathered up some corn to dump in front of our gun season blind. He bush hogged a path across the woods for me. We will be shooting down the fairway. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 180

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had another good hunt tonight. Almost didn't go, glad I did. Saw a possum and at least twelve deer. Good times. They were chasing, grunting and fighting. Heck of an evening. Highland county fencerow stand tonight.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I got up a little late today. It didn't matter much as I only had a mile to drive and then another half mile to walk. I saw 8 deer during my short, pre-work sit. Two of which were bucks, both small. Still a good time. I have been in deer all season and only had one hunt that resulted in a skunk. With all the deer I've seen, I've still only seen one that I'd shoot up to this point, and I'm pretty sure that he is the clean 10 pictured above. Something interesting has to come along soon or maybe I'll decide to up and shoot one that strikes my fancy on a given day. Who knows. I don't think I can get out again for a couple days, which is on par considering I think I've found a couple does that are smelling right.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Update; absolutely the worst gun season of my life. I saw a total of five deer in the past week. I did not spend much time sneaking around. I did try to push some deer to Mason which netted four of my five sightings. Mason hunted all day Monday and saw just two deer. He shot a doe on Wednesday evening. He won't be shooting anymore, he creates work for me when he does that.
I'm looking forward to finding deer again in the near future. Till then we will chase birds and bunnies.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I agree in many areas the deer hunting was sloooooow! I saw 10 prolly the whole dang week! Only two were bucks and they were small!