Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason... continued

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Kody and I weren't out everyday, but we spent enough time in the woods to say that the action was very slow. We saw 4 deer all day on Monday. 2 other hunts we were skunked. On Friday, we only saw one deer but it was the one we needed.

I did not hunt the weekend, but 5 total deer in 4 hunts isn't setting the world on fire. So, you weren't alone in the slow department.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The two main properties I hunt I didn't see a deer on during gun, spent 4 hours opening morning on one and 2.5 hours before sunset on another and neither netted any sightings... Neighbor saw a button buck and a 6 point yesterday evening as he asked if he could sit my stand and I said have a ball.... He's been putting on small drives thru bedding thickets all week and has seen lots of tails with little shot opportunities...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We haven't done much deer hunting lately. We have a couple of cameras out but haven't paid much attention to them. Yesterday Mason and I had the pleasure of squirrel hunting with Jamie and Lefty. Absolute blast. Today we hunted pheasant, wild birds. We saw five roosters and four hens. We killed two. We could have killed two more but the flushed fairly close to houses so we opted not to shoot. I could have killed one of them with a slingshot... Big fun both days. Watching working dogs beats staring at leaves any day.

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 276

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should add that there is nothing better than being in a warm home while my boy is out in the cold cleaning pheasants. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 319

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My buddy Tony has a 500 acre sport mans paradise. He invited Mason and I over today to hunt pheasants and we gladly accepted the offer. We killed three roosters at his place, flushed another down the road on the wildlife area that I let get away unscathed. Yet another fun day afield. Out GSP did a fair job again too.

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 277

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Excellent! Mason has got to be one of the most well rounded outdoorsman I have met. . . Outside of you Brock. Great looking GSP as well. You have two of them don't you?