Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason 2018-2019

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went to a stand last night that I hung and hunted just once this year. I saw 7 antlerless deer right at last light. It’s a hang on that I figured I’d be in a lot this year but didn’t wind up hunting tonight it other than the two times. The one shooter I’ve seen came out right under it... should have been in it that morning.
So my daughter and her stopped by there to pull that stand this afternoon. I drove the truck right to it. Jumped out of the truck and walked the ten yards to the stand. The same shooter was bedded 30 yards from the stand. Lol. I hope to see him tomorrow.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Rick. I hope you’re right. If not that’s ok too. I plan to hunt at least a little bit every day this week. And carrying a gun is SO much fun! Pictured below is the deer I saw again today. He’s 4.5 and as old as he will get if he stops for a good shot this week.

Attachments

• 06C8DF66-59FE-4190-B308-06BB47B742A6.png
    06C8DF66-59FE-4190-B308-06BB47B742A6.png
    819 KB · Views: 182

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes it does suck...
And the sucking continues. I eased into my blind right at first light this morning. As I’m climbythe ladder I see a small buck feeding in the corn stubble 75 yards away. Somehow I managed to get into the blind, turn on the heater, settle into my comfortable chair and open a window without him even lifting his head. I snapped a couple pics with my phone before he lifted his head to look behind him. Sure enough, one of my shooters is coming across the ditch to join him along with another small buck. I get a solid rest on the window. As the buck gets to the edge of the field (100 yards), three does bust out of the crp that my blind sits in and run past the three bucks, taking them along. Disbelief turns to absolute fury a few minutes later as I see a fat guy walking up the path along the field. The landowner had given his neighbor permission to hunt the creek which is 1/2 mile north of my blind along with explicit instructions to stay there. I saw this guy yesterday too and mentioned it to the landowner. He told me if I saw him again to verbally beat him to death.... and believe me, I did. I was so mad I yelled out the window of the blind and told him not to take a step, he didn’t. I marched across that field like a raging lunatic and called him almost every name I’d ever heard used in nearly 20 years of truck driving. Made zero difference, this idiot already ruined my best opportunity of the year. Lol. I’ll be back this afternoon, he will not.
Here is the little buck from my phone.

Attachments

• 54E4DE53-B612-4007-92ED-C982C139D124.jpeg
    54E4DE53-B612-4007-92ED-C982C139D124.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 210
  • BB6F979D-13CB-4EFB-8F10-9B4E4CDBBCC8.jpeg
    BB6F979D-13CB-4EFB-8F10-9B4E4CDBBCC8.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 190

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
What a dick. I had a similar incident two gun seasons ago. The guy knew I had my spot picked out, said he would stay out and walked in anyway. I sat in the dark for over an hour and he comes walking up the hill towards my spot a half hour into shooting light. He was embarrassed (he got caught). Said he didn’t see my truck. Yeah that’s because I parked a half mile over there so I didn’t run the deer off you lazy bastard.

Got mad just thinking about that so I feel your pain lol. Better luck the rest of the week.

Reactions: teenbowhunter

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Oh WTF man. Next time video that shit. I love seeing people get their ass handed to them. Hope the buck shows back up for you. Hopefully the landowner pulls this guys permission.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason killed my video camera or I would have had the events leading up to the lunatic rage in video. What are the freaking chances of this even happening? I’ve spent countless hours out there this year waiting for an opportunity, pretty much without any kind of human interaction. The very moments before a perfect opportunity, this guy waddles onto the scene. The dumbest things happen all the time that cause bucks to live another day. Heck, mason had his arrow pop of the string last year on a giant ten point as he reached full draw. That kid has shot hundreds of thousands of arrows and I have never seen or heard him tell of an arrow doing that. Dumb luck, fate, whatever... it’s just crazy. The same deer being bedded under the stand when I pulled it Sunday....what are the chances?!?!?!
Stupid deer. :)

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Yes it does suck...
And the sucking continues. I eased into my blind right at first light this morning. As I’m climbythe ladder I see a small buck feeding in the corn stubble 75 yards away. Somehow I managed to get into the blind, turn on the heater, settle into my comfortable chair and open a window without him even lifting his head. I snapped a couple pics with my phone before he lifted his head to look behind him. Sure enough, one of my shooters is coming across the ditch to join him along with another small buck. I get a solid rest on the window. As the buck gets to the edge of the field (100 yards), three does bust out of the crp that my blind sits in and run past the three bucks, taking them along. Disbelief turns to absolute fury a few minutes later as I see a fat guy walking up the path along the field. The landowner had given his neighbor permission to hunt the creek which is 1/2 mile north of my blind along with explicit instructions to stay there. I saw this guy yesterday too and mentioned it to the landowner. He told me if I saw him again to verbally beat him to death.... and believe me, I did. I was so mad I yelled out the window of the blind and told him not to take a step, he didn’t. I marched across that field like a raging lunatic and called him almost every name I’d ever heard used in nearly 20 years of truck driving. Made zero difference, this idiot already ruined my best opportunity of the year. Lol. I’ll be back this afternoon, he will not.
Here is the little buck from my phone.

IMG_1690.gif

Reactions: brock ratcliff