Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock, Mason and friends.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last Friday afternoon I went with a long time friend to set a stand. He’s been out of the game a very long time but is coming back with a vengeance! So we looked at where he thought he wanted to put the stand and I just did not like it. So I snooped around a while and decided I’d found a likely location. After I explained my thoughts he agreed and we set the thing. He made it out yesterday morning for his first sit in the new stand. He was pretty excited as he had a good one on camera right by the stand the evening after we set it up. He got in the stand at 5:40! 😀. I got a text at 7:45 that the big one was down! I measured him this afternoon at 161 4/8. Dandy deer and I was happy to be of a little help- and wish my luck for putting others in the right spot transferred to me. 😀

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_0964.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great job by both of you! Does Mason know about that stand site? 😂🤣
It’s a place he wouldn’t want to hunt, honestly. He was pretty limited with options because the farm already has a number of people hunting it. So he just kinda picked the worst area of the place where no one was hunting. Obviously, it worked out pretty darn well. He was set up and a fencerow on the south end of a good creek bottom thicket. There was nothing but pasture on three of the four corners and a highway 150 yards to the east. So I suggested since there was a bunch of rubs and scrapes in that thicket he hang there and dump some corn. He wasn’t invading anything getting in or out and there deer never had to leave the perceived security of the thicket. And this guy stuck his head out for a bite of corn. It will be a solid spot for years if you don’t mind hunting over bait—— and I’m pretty sure right now he does not. 😀