Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Burning a hole in my pocket...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ditto on the lace ups for early season - I bought an uninsulated pair just for the early season this year because I was smokin hot last year in my rubber boots w/400gr thinsulate. I been wearin 'em scouting and squirrel hunting and very happy I did it. Those ones you're looking at have 800gr, might be warm for early season, I don't know. maybe someone else does. but they look like great boots at a good price if you get 'em on sale.

I read a long review on another site, and the guy said that even though they are 800 grams Thinsulate he didn't end up with much foot perspiration during the warmer hunts. He attributed that to the breathability of the boots. Obviously I have no way of confirming that. But, the rubber boots that I currently wear (on every hunt) are 800 grams so I don't think they would be any different than what I'm used to.

rrr

If you don't have an underarmour shirt, do yourself a favor and get a cold gear shirt, long sleeve. The 'turtle neck' ones are nice and warmer, but I don't like them on my neck beard lol. Heat gear is great stuff...and even their t-shirts and stuff is nice. I am finding myself with more and more of their stuff.

rrr

I had to look for you, if you check out the Bargain Cave online, they are having a sale on UA ..

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I have the UA 1/4 zip hundo fleece, and it is a great layering Upper. They had them on Cabelas the other day for $35, and I paid $60 for mine last year...