Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bushnell Owners (or anyone else)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ultimate Lithium batteries like JBrown said. I think our older ones only accept the 2GB cards. I use cards specifically for the camera. I don't mix between cameras and I format everytime in order to delete the old pics. I have never changed from "High" sensitivity. Might try that. Need to do some software updates as well. Not pulling the cams until after this weekend though. I stay out of the area unless I am hunting it. The one camera was not swapped from Sept until December. lol Only reason for this is the one time I hunted that spot I didn't have the keys to swap the card. That camera is an inventory cam for sure. We just like to leave this area alone.

To the other guys, I would not worry if you are considering a purchase. Best camera for the money.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's the latest update for you Bushnell owners:
I switched the setting form Low to High and it is working great. The manual say to do the opposite in cold weather, but it's working now.
Cdburner, it looks like you're on to something.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Glad to hear it working for ya.
I haven't had the problem with mine you described so I was wondering...
I always re-format my card when I switch em out.
I check the battery level
summer settings are still working ok...
I'd still buy another one

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Glad to hear it working for ya.
I haven't had the problem with mine you described so I was wondering...
I always re-format my card when I switch em out.
I check the battery level
summer settings are still working ok...
I'd still buy another one

We bought my dad one for Christmas this year. Soon I'll have two running. I love buying my dad stuff for hunting because it ends up being for me too! Woo Hoo!!!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thanks J, that was what I was thinking too. Kat, they make a box for this cam. linked here.
You won't find it cheaper, but you still gotta pay the shipping.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Thanks J, that was what I was thinking too. Kat, they make a box for this cam. linked here.
You won't find it cheaper, but you still gotta pay the shipping.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is the exact box I use. I use the Master Python cable locks. I have bought two sets off ebay which have 4 matching locks/keys. I don't have 8 cameras, but it is nice to have two keys instead of 6. I think my next move is to spend the money on new locks for the "Bear boxes" so I have a matching lock on all of them. I don't want to be in the woods 20minutes looking for the right key.

Another suggestion is the tree bracket. Screws in like a screw in step, but has a threaded piece on the end much like a tripod. Screw the camera onto it when mounting up high in a tree in order to point downward. I won't mess with the cables/locks/boxes if I am mounting 15' in the air. Carry in my LW sticks, screw in the bracket, mount the camera to it, and climb down.