Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Mounts

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I have 3 of these out in the woods right now...mine screwed right into the tree quite easily...this was very easy to install and set up...and keeps them up high above eye level for anyone looking around thats not supposed to....plus I was finding a good spot for feed blocks and minerals sites, but not very good trees for placing a camera in...this method of hanging cams is very versatile and allows me to adjust to many situations and locations. Glad Xbowguy opened my eyes to this idea.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Not sure what happened, but had one slip and the camera swung down and took some upside down pics of the tree it is on...changed the card and re-tightened the wing nut up...I should do a better job tightening things up the first time.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I passed several of these out at the summer shoot this year. Anyone get them in the woods? Would be interested in hearing what your thoughts were? All my cameras that are threaded now have these mounts in use.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I used one a bit. Rick. The only improvement I'd suggest is either welding "wings" to the bolt head or simply using a wing-nut on each side of some threaded rod. I found it very difficult to tighten the wing-nut enough without using pliers to hold the bolt head.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Great idea. This might be the answer to keep my cameras from "easily" being stolen. I will make these this weekend.

The higher you can get your cameras, less people will see them. When I first put them up high (a lot of mine are 9-11 ft up) I had over 1200 pics before a deer was looking at a camera. My Tresspasser pic's went up x3. Trick is to get them out of a normal line of sight. Good Luck!

(I stand on the front rack of my 4 wheeler. If not, then I use a 4' step stool/ladder. Have also used a 3' piece of log located nearby.)

Last edited:

OhioHunter88

Perry County

I did a thumb bolt and wing nut so you don't have to carry wrenches and also added a wingnut to the camera end instead of the regular nut.