Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Can't Win For Trying...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I'm a big Pittsburg Penguin fan and the bank I do business with there's a lady that works there that is a big New York Islander fan... So I always gotta wear my Pens hat when I go there and we tease each other... So one day she says we have something in common as one of her favorite players Bryan Trottier played for both the Pens and Islanders... She said I even have his autographed Jersey... Well I have a Bryan Trottier autographed stick... So I thought how cool would it be to give the stick to her... So one day recently I walked into the bank mask on carrying a hockey stick ( two years ago they would have hit the alarm) :ROFLMAO: So I walk over to her desk and say check this out... Her eyes got like saucers... I said Merry Christmas... ITS YOURS... The manager comes over and says: She can't accept it... BANK RULES... Like WTF...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Go figure, just give it to her later after work or something. Very cool gesture.......not like you were trading that for the safe combination or anything LOL!!
It's in the works.... I know where she lives...

Today... Companies are like that... Two years ago I didn't apply for my Illinois permits in May during the application period due to our daughter being seriously ill... Was the furthest thing from my mind... Every year they are available over the counter in Nov. After driving 18 hours I stopped at Walmart to get one and was told SOLD OUT... Called Illinois DNR licensing dept. and spoke to a young lady who gave me her supervisor... I told her what happened and she said if she had to go all the way to the top she would get me a license... Next day it was delivered to me... To say Thank You I researched restaurants around their office and found a highly rated steak place... I purchased a $100.00 gift certificate for those 2 girls to go have dinner as a Thank You... So I called her and told her just to mention my name to the manager.... She responded... Can't do it we will lose our jobs, in fact that same week they had a meeting and that topic was covered...

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
Oh my God.... Monetary value then comes into play... That would be a big no no...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Not her fault, it's all about corporate rules... Sign of the times... Things aren't the way they used to be years ago...

Reactions: giles and Cogz

Fletch

Supporting Member
Shouldve checked that manager! BOOM! Into the glass you go.

I know. I was trying to make a hockey funny.
I got that.... But it's a shame how things have changed over the years.... Today see a woman broke down along the road,, no way I'll stop to help God only knows what off the wall story she dreams up... Nope don't need that bullshit...