Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Castalia, OH Buck taken over the weekend

1hornwilly

*Supporting Member III*
Don't have the story, but my cousin just sent this to me this morning. It's about 30 miles from where my brothers and I hunt...I am getting pretty fired up to say the least. Next week...it's on! :smiley_crazy: deer.jpg

rrr

There are some HUGE bucks coming out of Ohio this year, I didn't think that we'd beat last year...but dang...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Wow!

Been a couple giants killed around here in NW Ohio. Got word over the weekend that a guy from the area shot one just South of me that they've green scored twice and it's approx 210 or 215 inches somewhere in that region.

I'm been trying to get a picture of it, there have been some cell phone pics floating around of it but just doesn't do it any justice. The hunter usually posts harvests on the DNR site so I will keep an eye out for it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This buck was NOT killed at Metger's Marsh by the way. It was killed in Sandusky County, Saturday night (October 30th). 24 scorable points... 47 yard shot with a crossbow. The farm it was killed on is about 10 minutes from my home town. I am very familiar with the area this deer was killed on. Definitely an absolute GIANT!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wow, don't know if I could handle the pressure of that shot.... But sure the hell would like to try... Once in a lifetime buck and congrats to the guy who got him... That thing is friggin nice...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update...

Just heard from a buddy last night that this buck reportedly green scored 257" and change. I don't know if that's gross or net score but either way, it could very well be the #1 buck of 2010 in Ohio if that score is true. Pretty stinking awesome that's for sure!