Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cellular Cams..

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Do you have it (them) set on instant, sends every trigger or "daily"? Set times to transmit?
I'm glad you asked that. I looked & it was set to daily. Something I have noticed is that the settings somehow get changed on this particular cam ....XB, when there never would have been a reason to change. Another time it was set to pic only & I always run video, so I dunno. Thank you for asking.

Reactions: Stressless

Stressless

Keene, OH
Yup. Got three Reveal's about a month ago and working thru the "Undocumented features" but I like the quality, no so much their pricey business plan. Moving away quickly from spypoint cell links they've caused a bunch of my Brownings to fail where the cable has to leave the body from the SD port. Ants getting in the gasket gap. Over 3 years probably four or five brownings Tango Uniform. They were old but work horses with great video for their time.

860322062649386-100-4-09212023212808-HD-SYFW0595.JPG

860322062649386-100-4-09202023092814-HD-SYFW0573(2).JPG

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I run Spypoint Micros for the 100 free pics a month & Tactacams. I love the Solar LTE's... I set them out the furthest & forget about 'em. I have a LM2 as well & the pic quality is better.

Fun fact .... I usually get my cams thru Cabelas because of my rewards points, but if you go thru Ebay & find a sweet deal, make an offer for $10 less or so. It's worked so far ....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Something goofy IS going on with my Reveal app. All of my Tactacams keep switching the send method from instant to timely. When I try to correct, it won't give me the option to do so. I just now was able to request a video from my XB , & recieved it but my most recent pics from that cam won't allow.
On these pics, I can't figure out why there isn't that icon in the lower right corner like the other cams have ....

Screenshot_20230923_222218_Tactacam REVEAL.jpg

I don't know why that filter icon shows as well

Stressless

Keene, OH
Posted up on the Reveal FB support site - x2 on the goofy app:

Running three XPro's. On the cell fon app 3.3.1 I see the HD and Video in the Gallery's, I have like 10 video's I downloaded. On the PC app I click Gallery's and I only have HD nothing for video? IS there a some trick to see videos on the PC app?
Screenshot_20230924-093824_Tactacam REVEAL.jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-24 095544.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sooooo ...... still no luck . I actually went to the cam & triggered it. It quickly sent a pic. It runs off of solar & no issue there. I still cannot get video option from last night's pic or this new one. From some reason, it quit acknowledging the video option ....

Screenshot_20230923_234508_Tactacam REVEAL.jpg

On my laptop, it gave me the option for video on my recent pic ,even though there is no video folder , BUT on last night's pic request, I got this notification....
20230924_120925.jpg

I feel this is an app issue & not the cam. I also joined a FB group asking these questions, so ...... also turned the cam off & back on.

Last edited:
There’s a couple FB pages dedicated to Tactacam Reveals. For problems the staff have you PM the “Reveal By Tactacam” page directly. I’ve had to on occasion and they usually respond right away. They can look at your settings, see if you have failed to send problems and sometimes take care of carrier issues right away. Hopefully they can get you squared away.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yep. Someone from the FB already reached out to me after my questions there. Tomorrow I'm gonna go format the card in the cam to begin with before I contact them. I even thought it might be my phone doing this for some reason, but I checked the app on an older phone & the problem was there too.

There is a great thread on Reveal issues and fixes on AT.

Their help staff can be good (with phone calls) at times. Make sure you have the most up to date firmware and a quality SD card.

Reveal seems to be the best bang for the buck, but they're quirky. I m currently going through a fun time with their rechargables and solar panels.... some are great, others not so much

Reactions: Outdoorsfellar

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Oh geezy Pete ! For what it's worth, these Reveals have their quirks. My XB is working fine. Now, my SK is doing the same thing AND, my newest 2.0 doesn't have correct info on the pic, though it does in the app. It's not a cam issue, so I'm not gonna worry about it, as it will revert back. Just a heads up , other Reveal users might experience this as well.

Screenshot_20231001_102709_Tactacam REVEAL.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla