Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Check this out! Spypoint's new Wireless cam... Tiny-W

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

OOooooooo...... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......

Expected for 2011 is a new "Tiny-W" cam from spypoint.. But what makes this unit so cool is it has the ability to wireless copy images to a hidden base unit called a "black box" Talk about a trespasser, thief buster!

Size 4.5” x 3.5” x 2.7”
Video recording mode or multi-shot mode takes up to 6 shots in a row. 8.0 megapixel color images and 640 x 480 video by day.
38 infrared LEDs black-and-white images and video.
Seven zone detection sensors are adjustable from 5’ to 50’.
Date, Time, temperature and moon phases are stamped on each photo.
Removable SD/SDHC cards as large as 32GB
Viewing screen.
Runs on 6 AA batteries or a rechargeable lithium pack

The best part of the whole deal PRICE!

MSRP on the combo is $299.00
The Cam by itself is $199.00

Cam and Base unit.
Spypoint Tiny-W1.jpg

Tiny-W cam next to older FL-A Cam
Spypoint cam.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
SWEET !!!

Might have to look at a few other cams this summer lol. I would like to try those out and see how they do :D.

Cool thing about that base setup is you could hide that sucker about 30' in a tree and ain't nobby going to find it lol.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Pretty sweet right there. Does it say how far away the "black box" could be? Sorry I'm dialed into a meeting so couldn't read up on it completely.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hmmm... very interesting. I wonder if it could be tweaked a bit to increase the wireless range. Even if not, for 300 bucks that's a damn good combo right there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am not seeing the benefits of two units if they are within 50'. 500' maybe I can see it, but 50' is not very far.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am not seeing the benefits of two units if they are within 50'. 500' maybe I can see it, but 50' is not very far.

Tresspassers and thieves.. We all have locations we would love to put a cam but wouldn't dare do it because of the risk of it coming up missing. The problem with TC theft has always been, if they get the cam they've got away... While they will still get the cam or the card. You have photo proof of who, and when on the hidden blackbox... You aren't left standing in the woods wondering and pissed off.... You can actually get the SOB with photo proof. It's a security feature more-so than a "wireless scouting" feature.

For someone who's had chronic problems with trespassers, thieves etc, this is a diamond in the rough. One photo will put a stop to years of problems.

Like last month when i had the case to my cam cut and the SD card stolen... As it stands now, all i have is a bill for a new SD card, a cracked camera case, and a constant worry that it will happen again. With this unit however, i would be receiving restitution for that cam, and someone would have gotten a pair of shiny new bracelets. (or building themselves a new barn)

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Excellent idea..That way you dont have to disturb and scent up the area around the cam..Only wish the wireless range was more than 50 feet. If the tresspasser is aware of this model and knows there is a blckbox 50 feet away...well..He takes the cam and then looks for the blackbox that shouldnt be hard to find.

After having my cudde stolen last year in Ohio, im afraid to put any cams out. I basically use the cams for fun..I dont ever expect to kill a buck i got a picture of..The odds of that ocuring on publicland is low...However..it is fun.

Ill begin getting pictures from my buddies cam by his workplace in a month or so..Itll be intresting to see what survived and what they turned into.

Hopefully..ill be providing you guys with some awesome Ohio buck pics this fall

However..As technology advances..the theives will adapt..I would suspect more tresspassers wearing camo masks in the coming years to counter cams like this one.:smiley_armscrossed:..They need a Cam that can somehow get your DNA

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know that i agree with you Mountaineer. Maybe I am naive. I think the camera thieves see it more as a theft of opportunity when they come across them. I don't think too many will go out looking for cameras to steal. However, if they are out there and see them, they take them. The others that come up missing I would suppose are from people not wanting to get caught trespassing. Then they end up committing two crimes by stealing the cameras. Like I said, maybe I am naive.

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
Hicks..

Yeah ..I agree with ya ..I was talking more about tresspassers...I would suspect as technology advances..Tresspassers will have to adapt and one way would be to continuosly wear a camo mask while tresspassing in fear of running into a camara and having a pic taken of them.