Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

chew, snuff, chaw, dip, etc

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I’ve been smoking on and off for years. I quit several times....once for over ten years. I started again two years ago (asshole move) and just told my wife I had my last one. The next two weeks are going to be hell but I’m getting to old to be doing that shit. I am determined and know it won’t take long to feel the benefits. I’ll keep you all posted.
Awesome! Good luck with it!

Quit for 2 years after chewing since I was 8 years old. Last hunting season started intermittently again. Now I might do a can a month (used to be can a day at least) and skip months pretty often. It might sound weird but has nothing to do with the nicotine and everything to do with the fact that I really just enjoy chewing. Back at it though just cut the last chew gonna try and make it to Turkey season at least. Congrats to those that quit.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Quit for 2 years after chewing since I was 8 years old. Last hunting season started intermittently again. Now I might do a can a month (used to be can a day at least) and skip months pretty often. It might sound weird but has nothing to do with the nicotine and everything to do with the fact that I really just enjoy chewing. Back at it though just cut the last chew gonna try and make it to Turkey season at least. Congrats to those that quit.

Aww fuck. Turkey season. Forgot about that. That's gonna be hard. Nothing better than finding a tree in the dark. Laying your shit out, throwing in a fatty and waiting for that first gobble of a Tom you know should be in a tree 50 yards off your gun barrel. As the sky starts to lighten and a Tom rips off that first gobble the dip comes out and the facemask goes up. It's go time!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’ve been burning a couple a day while drinking. I need to get some gum or something to help me get past that urge.

I refuse to get one of those stupid vape things!
072760D7-A798-4EA1-98E8-E64A860EFEE2.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Just something about tobacco that just goes well with nature,work, after food and friends. I've quit regular use of both after years of dip and social smoker while drinking. at times I'll still smoke a cig (1 pack the the last 6 to 7years. ) the hit it at the end and the hot smoke burns reminding me y I don't do this. Or put a dip in while in a stand 1 or two a year or on water and it's enjoyable until a head buzz from hell kicks in reminding me to stay away. I still enjoy the initial affects and act of tobacco but am glad I'm out of its constant grip. Fresh cig smells very pleasant to me. grizzly sent from coworkers cans makes my mouth water, but am thankful it's not a habit and is now unpleasant as it was comforting years ago. Good luck
stopping guys.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Havent had a chew since Thursday night. Weekend went fine, today I could kill a mother fucker. Do I want to quit, fuck no. Do I need to quit, fuck yes. Especially after seeing the dentist Wednesday. I still have 3-4 cans in my truck, and i think that is what is making this easier than I thought it would be. Who knows. Good thing is, Im not snacking like I thought I would be.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Havent had a chew since Thursday night. Weekend went fine, today I could kill a mother fucker. Do I want to quit, fuck no. Do I need to quit, fuck yes. Especially after seeing the dentist Wednesday. I still have 3-4 cans in my truck, and i think that is what is making this easier than I thought it would be. Who knows. Good thing is, Im not snacking like I thought I would be.

Hang n big D. I’m 14 days in and still crave a fatty after I eat or just outside. My advice is to get rid of the cans cause if your like me.... one little dip ain’t gonna hurt.... well I’d be back in. Stay strong my brother.

Last edited:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Nobody likes quitters