Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coffman Buck

NBBC stands for Northeast Big Buck Club. They don't do deductions. I think Buckmasters doesn't consider spread. One of the other Orgs used a water displacement method to measure total antler mass grown.

If you go to the NORTHEAST Big Buck Club you will see Ohio deer Georgia deer Etc. To me that points to broaden your market and broaden your revenue!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've had a handful scored. One year, two of my buddies had their deer scored. We all three entered our deer and went to the banquet together. It was the year DeWine was campaigning for Governor. He was the speaker. Stood up and lied to us all. The rest of the banquet was a bunch of hunting celebrity wannabes jerking each other off at the mic. Handful of feel good stories in between. Nice to talk to some of the guests. You could tell the guys who weren't regulars. Old timer entering his first buck type thing. It was truly enjoyable listening to them and seeing them beam with pride. Outside of that, not much there for me. I don't see me ever attending or entering another.

For what it's worth: scoring the deer is free. Entering in the books is where you spend money.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I’d put more stock in Ric, Ron, Brian and a few others around here too score a buck. The appreciation they show on just handling the sheds people find, speaks of how they’d be with someone who was curious as too what their buck would score….

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I’d put more stock in Ric, Ron, Brian and a few others around here too score a buck. The appreciation they show on just handling the sheds people find, speaks of how they’d be with someone who was curious as too what their buck would score….
AA0CB928-BFAA-4A21-9F65-CF2F5E65766A.gif

Soooo, you’re saying that you’re curious?😂

Fletch

Supporting Member
So..... Your saying they appreciate a big bone and love fondling it...

whitetailjunky3

As far as scoring goes we have a big buck contest every year here in my county and it is fun to have them scored at our banquet and our scorer is a bbc scorer but doesn’t push entering it.

Reactions: hickslawns

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks J!
I can’t speak for Brian but I’m sure he’s just as knowledgeable as much as he’s hung around Tom Moore’s shop and watched him tape all his deer and others but Ron and I’ve both have scored piles of deer and sheds for years and feel very confident in our abilities in getting very close to what an legit official scorer would come up with. We both actually saw one OBB scorer at the D&T Expo screw one of Ron’s deer out of an average of 1/8 or some cases 2/8 on nearly every tine length cuz he didn’t tape off the tine bases and run a cable across the beam and tine bases correctly. Prolly costed him a total of 1.25” just in the tine lengths. Didn’t keep his buck out of the books but damn, just tape it correctly and give the deer credit for what he actually grew! This happened back in the 90’s but I wonder how many other deer he’s screwed up on over the years. 😳

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So this guy that has sponsors couldn’t afford $100.00? I spend that on alcohol in a week? (Exaggerating)

Once entered in the club they can use it as promotional material, talk about it, advertise etc to promote the club. They need someone to voluntarily enter it to allow that permission. It's why they can't comp the fee or accept the entry from another person. They pushed him and began to bully because they wanted the ability to promote. Good ole fine print. Even TOO has something similar in the TOS.

Screenshot_20220102-174122_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: xbowguy