Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Jamie

Ohio
seems like we're all pretty well ready to go. remember, getting inside of an Ohio deers' red zone is the hard part, my friends. shooting holes in their lungs is the easy part. this has been a fun thread, and has helped me stay on task. surely, the hunting gods are pleased with our efforts and shall smile down upon us. pick a spot and enjoy the shot.

Davidflorida

IMG_2174.JPG
Got my bare shafts grouping good with the fletched . Time for some broadheads with the woodies , they should be here next week giving me a 550 grain arrow .

Jamie

Ohio
deers be in grave danger whever your hunting Boarhead. good shooting.

yesterday morning I got up to hunt, and like I always do, I took a few shots with my judo in the headlights of the truck. not a damn leaf in sight anywhere, but the dogs had left a tennis ball out for me. :cool: I toss it out into the yard in front of the truck about 12 or 14 yards. first shot knock the ball into neighbors yard. I fetch, toss it out a little further, second arrow within 1/2" to the right and perfect height. kick ball out a little further, I send tennis ball into neighbors yard again. while I'm busy patting myself on the back and retrieving the ball and my arrow, I find my arrow broken. WTF? lost about 2" of arrow hitting tennis ball. oh well, probably best that I not use up all the good shots before I get to the woods. lol!