Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
What about that cross gun? 🤣
Oh I’m sure it’s as ready as ever should the need arise. Generally just wipe the dust off the scope and fire one down range just to be sure. Not a lot of preparation needed with that thing. 😁. I suppose I could build up some buffalo arrahs for it...

• Haha
Reactions: giles

Creamer

Athens
Today's afternoon cold arrow.

Last group of the short session. I shot pretty well today.

Creamer

Athens
Can’t believe the cost of those heads y’all were talking about! Man at $40 a point!!!! YEEEIKES!

Lot of sticker shock, for sure. The saving grace of them is they will last as long as you don't lose them or shoot them into a rock. Even the Cutthroat's I have used (a little over $20/head), I can send them through deer or into the dirt, and they just need touched up and they're good to go again.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
E7E01B27-700E-40E7-876B-EAA251A7FC57.jpeg

First three shot after work last night.

@Boarhead - I found one of the heads @Creamer must have ordered last night. I shot an Inteceptor that you had sent. Flew perfectly. So I figured I’d put a proper edge back on it. I went down a rabbit hole... I went to bed at 3 am after finally getting an edge. That one about put me in the nut house but it’s sharp now. Lol.

Creamer

Athens
Yesterday I strung up pretty bow (Stalker) for the first time in a few weeks. Cold shot was on track but a touch high. That was a common theme shooting that bow yesterday. I was consistently a hair high.

I switched back to the bow I plan to hunt with this fall for this morning. Cold shot on the swinger.

Last three.

It's interesting shooting those two bows. I shoot them both well, and I have no issues shooting the Sage as far as the "shooting experience." But, there's no comparison in the feel of the two bows when they are shot. The Stalker is more solid, faster, and quieter. I don't notice it as much unless I shoot them both sort of side by side.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Jeff, why do you not want to hunt with your Stalker? Is it just the fear of beating it up in the woods?