Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I don't either. I'll never be a good enough shot to ever find out, lol. Olympic archers are playing a much different game, though. noise and "drag through the bushes" ruggedness are of no concern to them. both are big deals to a bowhunter. I overbuild my stings just so they are quieter. 15 strand 3 ply D97 string doesn't stretch much, creep much, or make much noise. breaking strength around 1800 lbs. doubles as a short tow strap. :geek:
Lancaster archery has about 29 different choices in bow string material - dang -

Jamie

Ohio
Broadhead cold shot.

F9F6246A-CFA4-4DF3-A3B7-CD7E4E24DE17.jpeg

Creamer

Athens
Yesterday was a long day at work followed by youth soccer. I barely had time to shoot before dark.

Shot #1 was dead perfect from about 20 and a clean pass thru on the old 18-in-1.

Shot #2 was on the deer/bag.

There was no shot #3. I'm shooting well, just need a deer to make a mistake.

Jamie

Ohio
yes, I am. been pretty comfy shooting for the last couple of weeks. having a hard time getting motivated to hunt when it's in the low 80's in the middle of October. get down to business after tomorrow. I'm on staycation now, and I have run out of stupid chores to do. I guess I might as well get up and hunt in the morning. see what's visiting my Oak flat. :D

Creamer

Athens
I usually shoot well when the cold shot is good.

Today, not so much. After the first 4-5 shots I went straight...to...shit. I struggled to get back on track but would send one good arrow then a bad one. Very inconsistent.

Reactions: Boarhead

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went through it today too, Jeff. Just part of the game. I fix my issues the same w a compound or traditional, usually. It’s very simple, for me. I don’t allow myself to think of anything but aiming. Concentrate on that, the rest will happen without thought and your arrow will hit the mark... usually. May not be the same for you, but it’s worth a try on the days you struggle.

Creamer

Athens
I went back last night, grabbed the Stalker instead, and shot for another 15 minutes or so. This was about the 10th one in a row right down the middle.

I'm going to carry the Stalker for a while in the woods. I've got more confidence in it.