Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Creamer

Athens
Hard to call it a cold arrow when it's 83 degrees out.

Creamer

Athens
Little one got a new bow for his birthday. We went out yesterday and popped some balloons with it. It took him a few minutes to get used to the longer bow but then balloons started popping.

Then I snuck out before dark and got some reps in. Always good to see the cold arrow go right down broadway.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Depends on the size of your broad head
That could easily be 1000 with one of those giant turkey broadheads
I have used the bullheads. I’ll probably carry one with me this season too. I whistled one by a birds head last year as he scurried away. I figured I had nothing to lose, I’d either get him or I wouldn’t and I didn’t. 😁

Jamie

Ohio
Got cleared by back surgeon yesterday to start living life again, albeit with common sense and caution for a while longer. It is astonishing to me how weak my body has gotten in 4 weeks of complete inactivity while recovering. I decided I better brace and bow and see if I could still pull 45lbs asap considering how weak and tired everything else is after some very low-key PT exercises, stretching and simply walking a couple miles for the last several days. Felt really great to pull the bow again. It took me a couple dozen shots to settle back into the progress I had made with my form just when I had to stop shooting a month ago, but I did find it. I only shot thirty arrows but felt pretty strong after the first dozen. Happy to be back to shooting. Did not feel a bit of pain while shooting arrows and pulling them for the first time in 22 months. I fared better than I expected today. Last three today from 15 yards.

IMG_4059.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good shooting ol buddy! I too am happy to see you obviously on the mend. It looks like the surgeon fixed your aiming eye too😁
I shot these two tonight once o returned from a fruitful mushroom hunt where I found ONE. Turkeys beware….

Attachments

• IMG_7885.jpeg
    IMG_7885.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 46

Jamie

Ohio
That band of menacing jakes is in great peril today, methinks.

Ortho surgeon fixed my back, but I have to give Tom Clum credit for inspiring a couple of light bulb moments for me that fixed my aiming eye.😉

Reactions: brock ratcliff