Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Let's not clutter the Buckeye thread with all college ball.

Anyone watching the Clemson/Texas A&M game right now? #2 Clemson has had their hands full. I'm not a fan of either but this has been a fun game to watch!

Reactions: nathan.luthman

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was watching it until my boy got the fart cramps in the third quarter. Seemed like Texas was giving them a run for their money.

Watched the Nebraska / Colorado game earlier today. Now that was a hell of a game. Battle royal.

Watched the Bama game until the half when they ran it up to like 40 points.

The best game today IMO was S Florida vs Ga tech. Now that was a football game worth watching. Lead change after lead change from start to finish. I guess nobody brought a defense lol.

Reactions: Deersurgeon

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
No I fuggin passed out on couch. Damn it, lol. Like Joe said Nebraska vs Colorado....that was hell of a game..
Watched the buckeyes until they were up by 30 points and then switched back and fourt with Irish game

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I watched Burrow thru 3 quarters. Offensive line didn't allow him a lot of time, and he's got to quit running people over and learn to protect himself and slide. Looking forward to next week with some more games that could shake things up.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang. Wish I hadn't missed some of those games. Had a cross country meet for the oldest, family reunion, soccer game, and my wife made dinner plans with her brother and his wife. Only saw bits and pieces of games. Was able to watch the bulk of the the Ohio State game and got to see the end of Clemson. Opened a Pepsi to watch ASU vs MSU. Think I fell asleep before kick off. Lol

Reactions: MoonLab

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I could watch Wisconsin run the football all day. Line full of super-sized Nordic Vikings with a back that gets N/S quickly. I hope he wins the Heisman this year so that O-line gets the credit they deserve.

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I could watch Wisconsin run the football all day. Line full of super-sized Nordic Vikings with a back that gets N/S quickly. I hope he wins the Heisman this year so that O-line gets the credit they deserve.
Talk about an underrated coaching staff. Paul Chryst and Co. are second to none in player development, IMO. Classy program

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Paul Chryst is a stand up guy. He runs a great program over there!
I say it’s going to be another OSU/Whisky B10 Championship game? I could be wrong?
If I had to bet my bankroll, yea. Im sure both teams will shit to bed atleast 1 conference game, then we'll see the list of confusing tiebreakers that"ll determine who goes to the championship game

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Flipping channels between XC meet, soccer game, and homecoming for 3 kids today. LSU is looking good against Auburn so far. Joe Burrow is impressing me.

Flipped over to UM and SMU. Southern Methodist University? 7min to go in second quarter. Zeroes on scoreboard. SMU seems to be putting lots of pressure on Patterson. UM offense is either looking weak or SMU has a tough D.

Haven't paid attention to Wisconsin. I'm sure they will have things under control.

ND up by 13 in the third quarter. Haven't watched any of this game. I'm sure Dustin will be able to fill us in after the game as long as they win. If ND loses he might not want to post for a bit. :cry:

Nebraska 0-2???

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like ND is holding on. Wisconsin is losing to an unranked BYU? Auburn must have made some adjustments as they are up by 11 over LSU with 8min to go in the 3rd. Michigan up 28-7 with SMU knocking on the door. Some good college football taking place!

Reactions: Dustinb80