Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It is the year of the "pretty good" but nobody dominant. Even Georgia has had some weeks which were questionable. TCU has as much chance as Cincy did last year. The other 3? Hard saying. Have to see which team shows up and wants to win the most. If GA is a bit off in either game and the other team comes to rock. . . I could see them lose. I could also see either Big 10 team win out OR get blown out. I wouldn't want to be the Vegas odds makers in this one.

This CFP pregame has been brought to you by Phil. 😅

a-journey-in-iceland-europe-EHTRAY.jpg

Remember how I said for the first time in a long time I get to enjoy the playoffs without a dog in the fight. 😅.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This CFP pregame has been brought to you by Phil. 😅

View attachment 167864

Remember how I said for the first time in a long time I get to enjoy the playoffs without a dog in the fight. 😅.

Aww c'mon. You know Georgia has shown vulnerabilities too. Could they dominate two games? Yep. Could they flop? Yep. Buckeyes or Wolverines need to pitch 2 perfect games to make it happen.

In regards to Ryan Day? The best thing that could happen is to play Georgia tough but lose. He doesn't want to face UM again. Two losses in one year and the fan base will crucify him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Aww c'mon. You know Georgia has shown vulnerabilities too. Could they dominate two games? Yep. Could they flop? Yep. Buckeyes or Wolverines need to pitch 2 perfect games to make it happen.

In regards to Ryan Day? The best thing that could happen is to play Georgia tough but lose. He doesn't want to face UM again. Two losses in one year and the fan base will crucify him.

Absolutely, every team has its vulnerabilities but not every team has the ability to perform like Georgia has been. That defense is murderous but has had a problem at stopping the rush at times. The offense is no slouch though. I venture to say it will be a heavy run game RPO with the occasional pass play to catch them slipping type offense against them. They would have to play a really crappy game though and the OSU would really need to step up nd learn to run the ball. Short of key injuries or things like targeting rules they'll be tough to beat.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Absolutely, every team has its vulnerabilities but not every team has the ability to perform like Georgia has been. That defense is murderous but has had a problem at stopping the rush at times. The offense is no slouch though. I venture to say it will be a heavy run game RPO with the occasional pass play to catch them slipping type offense against them. They would have to play a really crappy game though and the OSU would really need to step up nd learn to run the ball. Short of key injuries or things like targeting rules they'll be tough to beat.
I'll take your word for it. The most Georgia football I watched this year was Mizzou giving them a run for their money. Seems like Tennessee was in it late too. Although TN was a solid team and way better than MO.

OSU has good backs. Even the 4th or 5th string LB transfer looked good against UM. When Henderson and Williams are hitting they are an impressive duo. Hayden is solid too. Guess we need our O-line to play the best they've played and knock off the stupid penalties. They have some big boys. Ever seen Jones on camera? He is a giant. When the Buckeye run game is working and CJ has time they are crazy good. Sure wish it happened more frequently/consistently. Lol

Reactions: Jackalope

Sauger

Warsaw
Ok, ok....I will stop being a negative Nancy. I will say they have the talent to run the table, I would never ddisagree with that. Georgia has played some great football as of late. They did play down against lesser opponents at times. If you can contain thier QB and keep pressure on him it could be a good game.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We get routed by 24. You don't fix culture and weakness in a month. Georgia will manhandle us, which UM will also do to TCU. UM stays with UG early, but UG pulls away late 3rd quarter to be the first back-to-back champ in the playoff system. Obviously I hope I'm wrong and OSU shows us something we have seen pulling of a repeat of 2014, but I won't hold my breath.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Ever seen Jones on camera? He is a giant. When the Buckeye run game is working and CJ has time they are crazy good. Sure wish it happened more frequently/consistently. Lol
This guy that is flipping off the Michigan team with the rest of his punk teammates in a choreographed act?

11471037.jpeg
Or this guy who couldn't handle getting his giant ass whooped 2 years in a row?
11471036.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This guy that is flipping off the Michigan team with the rest of his punk teammates in a choreographed act?

View attachment 167924 Or this guy who couldn't handle getting his giant ass whooped 2 years in a row?View attachment 167925
Yep. That is him. He is big but I don't think he is the sharpest tool in the shed. I swear it seems he is responsible for over half the offsides penalties of our O-line.