Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Condolences to "Little King's" family

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It has been brought to my attention that "Littleking" might not be a member here. He was active on OS and I think he has his own site as well. Either way, it is a familiar username for many of us and I felt the extra prayers and support for his family were very worthy.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Phil I'm pretty sure his site is huntohio.net big bird hunting enthusiast has had the site up for a few years now.... good Guy and has various outdoor outings every year..... sorry for his loss sucks too lose so many this year.... hope it slows down the coming year.....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I agree with everybody here....The Very Best Goes Out To Him And His Own. Lost both my Mom and Dad at the Holidays and it sure changes the whole world around you. Member or Not...The man is still a huntin fool like the rest of us....

littleking

thanks guys, I was not a member here, but thanks for the condolences... we're trying to get through these rough times.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Eric I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.... if there's anything you need or something we could do please let us know....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Member or Not...The man is still a huntin fool like the rest of us....

Absolutely xbowguy! This is exactly the reason I posted it.

Eric- Thanks for looking this up. I hope it helps to know your brothers in the outdoors are thinking of you in your time of need. Might be asking a bit much, but would it be possible to post up the picture from your FB page of Dave the day before his death? What a great picture of him with the shotgun! Captured his smile and spirit very well!

littleking

sorry for not getting back to this sooner

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man. I don't know what to say buddy.. I can only imagine the feeling of loss after such a tragic and abrupt event.. We're here if you need anything man.

littleking

Just an update. My father and i are driving to california and back starting may 18th. and plan on making it back June 2nd.

We have to pick up his guns and his dirt bike. His only true belongings.

We will also be disbursing his ashes during this trip. As we are going to stop at all the major national parks that we can. We never were able to share each others company while marveling at the views of the land. This way we will.

I also want to remind you folks about the impact of drinking and driving. David had a .22, almost 3x the legal limit. It dosen't seem like that big of a deal until your loved one or others are gone. Luckily, it was only David. Unfortunately, it was David.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thats a great picture! He looks to be having a great time! You and your father have a safe trip and thanks for the update.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Just an update. My father and i are driving to california and back starting may 18th. and plan on making it back June 2nd.

We have to pick up his guns and his dirt bike. His only true belongings.

We will also be disbursing his ashes during this trip. As we are going to stop at all the major national parks that we can. We never were able to share each others company while marveling at the views of the land. This way we will.

I also want to remind you folks about the impact of drinking and driving. David had a .22, almost 3x the legal limit. It dosen't seem like that big of a deal until your loved one or others are gone. Luckily, it was only David. Unfortunately, it was David.

I feel your pain and my wife and I send our thoughts your way. We will be doing something similar with our son's remains.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Eric hope your trip brings back lots of fond memeories of your time with David..... Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
You and your dad be sure to have a safe and memorable trip. I am suree there will be times of sorrow and laughter. I pray that the good memories will out weigh the times of sorrow.

littleking

Figured i would share some pics!

Loveland Pass - Colorado

Utah Canyon

Hoover Dam

Lake Meade - check out the 100+ foot water line

Yosemite - Tunnel View

Yosemite - Tioga Pass

Dad and I in Tioga Pass

More Tioga Pass

Bonneville Salt Flats

Great Salt Lake