Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Condolences to "Little King's" family

littleking

Teton Range Snow Storm

Traffic Jam in Yellowstone

Pretty Girl in Yellowstone

Big Sky Country

Mt Rushmore

littleking

Arches National Park

Yosemite Tunnel View

U-Taw

Arizona

Hoov-a Dam

Kansas National Forest

Back Side of Half Dome

Jellystone

Survivors of stupid men

English Setter on Point

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Eric- Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Those are some amazing pictures! Love the captions on some of them. I sat here laughing at several. Your dad looks good. Tell him I said hello and to enjoy the rest of the trip. He seems relaxed. . . considering the reason for your trip anyway. Bittersweet for sure. Enjoy the rest of it bud. Dave would not want you to be taking this trip with tears in your eyes the whole way. That dude was a free spirit and I am sure he is enjoying the ride along with you and Mike!

I must add, while I am not jealous of the circumstances, I am certainly jealous of the trip! It looks like you guys are hitting some of the most beautiful scenery our country has to offer!

littleking

we're back. was a hard trip that was very painful. The eye candy was good, but it was also very somber.

Seeing where he died was disturbing, nobody would survive that spot regardless of circumstance. He was 500 yds from his best friends driveway (where he just left).

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words, it means a ton. I hope i can repay.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
we're back. was a hard trip that was very painful. The eye candy was good, but it was also very somber.

Seeing where he died was disturbing, nobody would survive that spot regardless of circumstance. He was 500 yds from his best friends driveway (where he just left).

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words, it means a ton. I hope i can repay.

I am sure it was. Wouldn't wish the circumstances on anyone. Glad to hear you guys made it home safely.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Glad to hear that you guys made it back safely LK. Thanks for sharing all the pics it looked like you and your father made some memories.

Last edited by a moderator:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm sure it was very hard. What beautiful pictures though! Thanks for sharing those. Enjoyed the captions as well. Favorites were Kansas National Forest and the Englishsetter on point. Lol Those were good.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
1600 miles a day? Is that possible Eric? You guys must have driven in shifts and not let much dust settle when you were swapping places! Regardless, glad to hear you made it back safely. The pictures are amazing, and the captions were very clever!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Really nice pics! Sorry for your loss and reason for the trip, but dang did you see some sights!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I meant 9 days, sorry for the typo.

we averaged 600-800 miles per day on the highway...

If you were anyone else, I would not have said a thing. Knowing you in elementary school, I had to bust your balls a little Eric. It just wasn't adding up in my head. I worked with your Dad for 6 years at UPS and I know he has some miles under his belt, but dang that would be some killer driving.:smiley_crocodile:

littleking

you know, the driving was the easy part, all the beauty and awesomeness of these united states of ours.

Its the sleeping that was the hard part. Trying to wrap up what you saw that day along with trying to hide the suffering of the loss of David all while trying to force yourself to sleep that made it difficult.

Its a long, painful, chapter of my life. I hadn't seen David since 2002, he missed my wedding, he missed my mothers near death hospital experience, he was known by the name Dan to everyone but us... a lot of emotion there.

It's to folks like you Phil and the boatload of other folks that i dont know who through their kind words make the mourning and suffering bearable.

To that, i say thank you.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am not sure I have any words fitting Eric. All I can offer is You are quite welcome and I hope you and your family continues to work through your pain and suffering. If you need to talk, don't hesitate to call.

You and Mike certainly saw a lot of beauty our country has to offer. It is just sad it was under such somber circumstances. I am sure Dave would have appreciated the journey you took for him.

littleking

We'll.. here it is!

new tires, starts on the first kick and runs like champ.

now to just take it riding.

I don't have a title for it, not sure that it ever had one. Any ideas on what to do?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Titles can be tricky. Especially transferring from one state to another. I would attempt to find the one it originally had. You show up at the Ohio DMV and tell them you need a title and have no bill of sale or title. . . could get ugly.

Bike looks great! That is a true desert bike! Big bore 4 strokes are excellent out west!

littleking

there is zero paperwork. nothing.

I'll have to use the BMV 5706 “Proof of Ownership Affidavit” i think; pretty sure I'll have to pull out the death certificate :(

bike rides great, starts on the first kick and has a metric shit ton of power.

difficult getting out of 1st gear on trail!