Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coshocton county ponds/lakes questions...

There are several ponds and small lakes in Coshocton county that I'd like to fish. Due to the distance, I've just not made it over there, yet.

I'm refering to the Rosco Village area and the Woodbury Wildlife area.

How's the fishing in this county?

Thank you, Bowhunter57 :)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I know out of the 100+ ponds at Woodbury only 42 of them are stocked with bass, bluegills, redear sunfish, and channel catfish. Other then that I have not a clue how good the bite is or anything. If I get over there for the TOO gathering I will let you know if it's any good or not.

There is an area of an old channel locks in the Roscoe Village area that looks like they could produce some excellent fishing. However, they're not very accessable, unless you have a boat. My kayak would fit nicely into that area. :smiley_blink:

Also, there's a limestone strip mine/pit that's west of Coshocton, off of S.R. 541 (on the north side), but east of Tunnel Hill. You wouldn't know it's there, unless you walked up the gravel road, behind the VERY old trough system that goes up the hillside, to where the strip pit is located. It's only accessable with a boat, because the road ends in the water. Hard telling how deep it is, but there appears to be good potiential for good fishing.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57