Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Stressless

Keene, OH
Just a FYI data point on Moderna mRNA injections.

Mom turned 90 y/o 30 Jan 2021.

Got Moderna mRNA vax
1st dose, 22 Jan
- sore injection site
- no other symptoms
2nd dose, 19 Feb
- sore injection site
- injection +1 day, major nausea
- injection +2 day, almost no symptoms

She has the following covid morbidity aliments.

- Congestive heart failure
- Asthma
- high blood pressure
- chronic bronchitis
- type 1 + diabetes
- melanoma
- overweight bmi 29-30
- zero exercise
- etc...

She lives alone, is very cognitive, still drives during daylight.

I got the Moderna mRNA vax via the VA. 57 y/o

Zero covid morbidities.

1st dose, 9 Feb
- day 1, sore injection site
- no other symptoms
2nd dose scheduled 9 Mar

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
CA89435D-C2FD-41D0-A509-3FF0CFFD146D.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Just a FYI data point on Moderna mRNA injections.

Mom turned 90 y/o 30 Jan 2021.

Got Moderna mRNA vax
1st dose, 22 Jan
- sore injection site
- no other symptoms
2nd dose, 19 Feb
- sore injection site
- injection +1 day, major nausea
- injection +2 day, almost no symptoms

She has the following covid morbidity aliments.

- Congestive heart failure
- Asthma
- high blood pressure
- chronic bronchitis
- type 1 + diabetes
- melanoma
- overweight bmi 29-30
- zero exercise
- etc...

She lives alone, is very cognitive, still drives during daylight.

I got the Moderna mRNA vax via the VA. 57 y/o

Zero covid morbidities.

1st dose, 9 Feb
- day 1, sore injection site
- no other symptoms
2nd dose scheduled 9 Mar

good to hear your mom is doing well! Hope you have no symptoms on second dose as well.

Reactions: Stressless

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Getting a coronavirus vaccine doesn’t give you permission to go back to “normal” while everyone else observes public health measures. On the contrary: “There are certain aspects of being vaccinated and what that means to…” what you’re allowed “to do in society,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the chief medical advisor to the President, during a White House COVID-19 Response Team Briefing. “There will be things that you will not be able to do, because the burden of virus in society will be very high—which it is right now, even though we're going way down on the decline…So there are things, even if you're vaccinated, that you're not going to be able to do in society.”

• Angry
Reactions: giles

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Getting a coronavirus vaccine doesn’t give you permission to go back to “normal” while everyone else observes public health measures. On the contrary: “There are certain aspects of being vaccinated and what that means to…” what you’re allowed “to do in society,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the chief medical advisor to the President, during a White House COVID-19 Response Team Briefing. “There will be things that you will not be able to do, because the burden of virus in society will be very high—which it is right now, even though we're going way down on the decline…So there are things, even if you're vaccinated, that you're not going to be able to do in society.”
Right - but "everyone else observing public health measures" is not happening.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
why do you say that, Geezer? I see people wearing masks and social distancing everywhere I go.
Big picture Jamie - not just your limited view - the info is out there if you want it - - btw i see a small change in TOO members regarding masks and vaccinations - more mask wearing and vaccinations - but look at the CPAC crowd - as an example - but ......oh uhm done

Hope you and Nancy are well

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
the big picture is very clear, totally predictable. pandemic in rapid decline within less than 8 weeks of sleepy Joe taking office. almost like magic...

It's almost like the democrats used their media cronies to propagate fear to help oust trump but now they need to walk it back so Joe isn't judged by the same standard. A few weeks prior to the election trump was saying there was going to be a vaccine really really soon. The Democrats outright called him a liar, fauchi said it would be this summer at a minimum, the media accused him of pandering for votes with false claims. The day after they called the election for Joe Biden Pfizer announced they had a vaccine. Total coincidence I'm sure. 🙄