Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Coyotes & Bobcats.... What's the DNR thinking?

You talking about the ousleys? They live close to me and have the dogs figured out. They can put em down with efficiency
Yes, Branch Ousley was who I was talking to and he was telling me about the situation there. He and his brother certainly have the coyotes figured out. I wish I had half of their skills.

Some of the most educated hunters I know are on this forum. Clearly, there are others too who are not on TOO. Just surprises me to see a solid consensus. I believe opinions have evolved in recent years. Seems many have blamed coyotes on loss of deer but come full circle and no longer place full blame on predators. Definitely a complex matter. Sorry if you didn't find the answers you were looking for BH57. Then again, some of these responses came as a relief to me. I'm sort of glad people aren't all pointing at one culprit.
When you solicit answers, you get what you get and I agree with you. I too am relieved to read the responses of what all has and is taking place with various issues with our wildlife.

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this question. Your answers reflect years of experience in the woods.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Reactions: hickslawns

Schu72

Streetsboro
In my hunting areas yotes are everywhere. I see them on almost every sit at the big farm I hunt. Unfortunately they are usually too far to shoot. I see them on occasion at my mom's, but always have them on trail cam there. The deer and turkey populations on these properties are robust to say the least. I would shoot any yote in range without question, but truly have no concern over there presence on my hunting grounds at this point.