Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cultural Appropriation.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Speaking of that when's the next time you're heading north? Are you gonna make the campout? I'd pay for them if you're willing to drag a big ole sack of mudbugs along.

I’m not gonna be able to make it. Last we have talked I can fly some up. Dave is going to get w me when it gets closer. I should be putting my traps out soon, hopefully we have crawfish this year and we should since we had water since December in the swamp. If not I can get from other outlets.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m not gonna be able to make it. Last we have talked I can fly some up. Dave is going to get w me when it gets closer. I should be putting my traps out soon, hopefully we have crawfish this year and we should since we had water since December in the swamp. If not I can get from other outlets.

Awesome. To bad you can't make it. Hope you catch a ton of them.

Reactions: triple_duece

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Speaking of that when's the next time you're heading north? Are you gonna make the campout? I'd pay for them if you're willing to drag a big ole sack of mudbugs along.

Man that would be awesome! Hope you can make it up sometime 32. If there ends up being something in the works, let me know and I'll throw in too.

Joe, those peanuts were great. Now, there were a lot of things in the works throughout the day that creates such a hunger, but there is no doubt I have some southern blood in me from somewhere. If I could only find snow and people/culture (only certain types) like that found in the south, in one spot, I'd be set.

This thread is hilarious. I have never paid attention to such, but it's no doubt there from a marketing standpoint.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I just noticed that my McDonald’s tea is southern style sweet tea. What other kind of sweet tea is there? You Yankees hiding some other kind of sweet tea ?
I believe southern sweet tea has the sugar added while the tea is still hot....around here they’ll give you cold unsweetened tea then give you sugar packets too add to the cold tea....and you end up with unsweetened tea and a bunch of sugar sitting at the bottom of your glass!😂

Reactions: triple_duece

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I believe southern sweet tea has the sugar added while the tea is still hot....around here they’ll give you cold unsweetened tea then give you sugar packets too add to the cold tea....and you end up with unsweetened tea and a bunch of sugar sitting at the bottom of your glass!😂

I have always said we southerners are smart enough to put the sugar in the tea when it is hot !!!!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I started growing okra when I lived in the South, Its hard to find up here, can't let the okra get to big or it gets tough, I may try to find some this year and see how it does in the old Ohio garden
I grew a ton of it in my garden about 5-6 years ago. I pickled a shitload of it. Damn its good that way. But, it grew really good. It took up alot of space though

Buckmaster

Portage
19C0FF1F-6612-42C2-AB83-CEEFD1D3311F.png

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You Yankees hiding some other kind of sweet tea ?

Ohhhh yeah they are. I can't tell you how many times I've asked a waitress if they have sweet tea and she happily says "Yes, we have peach, raspberry, apple....." and I'm sure the look on my face while she's listing them is "what the fuck are you talkin about".

Now the absolute worst is when I ask for sweet tea and she brings it to the table and I get a gulp of unsweet shit. So I stopped her when she came by and said I'm sorry this was supposed to be sweet tea, and she says there's sweetners on the table. Talk about a man ready to smack a mother fucker.

It's getting better though, when I first moved here 15 years ago you couldn't find Sweet Tea anywhere. It wasn't until McDonald's started selling it that people caught on and started asking for it in restaurants that you began to find it in various places

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Ohhhh yeah they are. I can't tell you how many times I've asked a waitress if they have sweet tea and she happily says "Yes, we have peach, raspberry, apple....." and I'm sure the look on my face while she's listing them is "what the fuck are you talkin about".

Now the absolute worst is when I ask for sweet tea and she brings it to the table and I get a gulp of unsweet shit. So I stopped her when she came by and said I'm sorry this was supposed to be sweet tea, and she says there's sweetners on the table. Talk about a man ready to smack a mother fucker.

It's getting better though, when I first moved here 15 years ago you couldn't find Sweet Tea anywhere. It wasn't until McDonald's started selling it that people caught on and started asking for it in restaurants that you began to find it in various places

It is like when ordering tea and you get that Lipton crap out of the soda machine. 🤢🤢

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
McAlisters deli’s in the Cincy area have pretty good sweet tea, IMO. Prolly not like drinkin hummingbird nectar like y’all are talkin about down south but pretty damn good,IMO.

Reactions: Sgt Fury