Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2012 Camera

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Checked the camera again recently, but the picture count was way down at the mineral lick on the outside corner. The western edge of the woods has corn planted in it, while the northern edge of the corner has beans. I'm guessing that the deer are starting to move off of the beans now that they're turning yellow and the acorns are dropping. There are no oaks along the outside corner, or within 60 yards of where this camera was hung. With only having a few hundred pictures compared to the other camera hung at the opposite end of the farm I decided to pull it off of the mineral site and relocate it on a trail coming into the woods from a fence row that contained some big rubs last fall. The trail runs from the west to the east, borders against some thick bedding area, and filters into the southern edge of a small stand of oaks. I hung the camera probably a little deeper into the woods than I normally do, but we'll see what happens. I won't be going back in to check it for a few weeks, and only when I've got a good rain in the forecast. Hopefully the picture count will be a little higher here on my next check, letting me know who is using the trail and coming in to feed.

A couple pics of Trent is all for bucks on my target list...

This fur ball needs to go...

Nice turkey to chase later this fall or into next spring. Got a few pics of some Toms this soak...

The 3 Amigos made a few appearances at both cameras. Hope they can grow up in the next few seasons...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice pics Sean! Keep em coming! At least your getting some bucks on cam, I'm having difficulty in that Dept. Lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. I think Trent may bedding towards the core of this property. There's a couple small clusters of oaks surrounded by areas of thick undergrowth. Other than these trees there aren't many oaks on the ~40 acres of woods. Last year the core of the property had the highest concentration of rubs on large diameter trees, both heading west and east out from the center. Making me think that the deer making those rubs bedded in there, then made the rubs heading out towards the surrounding fields when it was time to head out for a stroll. There were only a few rubs that I found leading into this area. Who knows? I just hope I get him or Bettis within bow range.